Larger size WOMEN's clothing / big / bigger / large clothes

[color=#008040]Mod note: for MEN’s larger sizes please click here.[/color]

Does anyone know where my british girlfriend can find larger sized 14-16 clothes or shoes that are larger? she’s size 40 in italian
ta.

[color=#008040]Mod note: PS --Sorry for the ungainly thread title, but people keep starting new threads on the same topic, so I have modified it to make searching by topic title easier. [/color]

Giesswein, available in Breeze Centre, is an Austrian brand so the clothing is in mostly larger sizes than typical Asian wear. It’s not cheap though. There’s also Roots, from Canada. Certainly they have large sizes back home though I don’t know to what extent they import them here. Also not cheap though.

As for shoes, my wife finds a lot of larger sized shoes in Tai Mall out in Taoyuan. There are a couple of outlet shoe stores there so the prizes are reasonable.

The easiest thing to do is just order online; that way you don’t have to look through racks of frills or pay too much. Well, I guess it costs a lot with the shipping, but you get quality stuff and you don’t have to wander all over Taiwan to find three items. I like Land’s End, LL Bean and amazon.com (for books, DVDs etc.).

Along Chung Shan N. Road, Sec. 7 in Tian Mu, there are a lot of outlet stores and quite a few have bigger clothes. A couple stores specialize in large sizes.

Start at the Fridays on Chung Shan N. Road, Sec. 7, and all the clothes stores are along the east side of the road.

Since they are mostly ‘outlet’ stores, the prices are better than the department stores and malls.

Tien Mu Chung Shan N. Rd. section 7!

At least there used to be… Actually a lot of those stores had closed, has anyone been up there recently? I’d be curious to know if there are still some left.

Yep, some are still left - at least a month or two ago.

Not that you think I was shopping there though … :wink:

George Pai is still there. But 1234 is gone, unfortunately. Others I
never really went to.

Also, there is a store at the corner of Ai Guo Road and Chin Shan S.
Road which has alot of clothes in larger sizes (and some in some
incredibly large sizes). The old man in charge of the store and his
crew are very nice. If you like to have help, they will give it to you.
If you like to be left alone to look around (like me) and ask for help
when needed, they will also cooperate. Sometimes they have alot
of stuff and sometimes they don’t. (Easy to find as is next to a big
gas station and across from part of a post office.)

Also, there is Spoonful off Hoping E. Road, about two alleys from
Hsinsheng South Road. Turn right and walk about a block. In that
area are some other stores, but I have not had much luck as I wear
a slightly bigger size.

Hope this helps!

I’m glad they are still there, I should probably get up there before they close too.

Evertonexpat, I also remember some places over in Taoyuan and Chung-Li that had some bigger clothing, but you are probably looking for places in Taipei…

Well I’m glad you asked :wink:

My friend is opening a little shop to follow on from the success of her internet business. I’ts just a weekend sideline, so only open Saturday (maybe Sundays soon?) Elsa speaks English so you can call her with any questions. Here’s the details she sent me:

MooRooDuc

Sizes 14 & up

Truly stylish, chic fashions for sizes 14 and up (American Brands.)!

&

Beautiful imported jewelry

All at affordable prices!

Open every Saturday afternoon 4pm till 9pm

MooRooDuc

Just wondering what MRT this is close too? Which area to be exact?

Thx :laughing:

If it’s close to TTV I’m guessing it’s close to Dunhua road, it that right Bu ?
Closest MRT is Zhongxiao-Dunhua but it’s not really walking distance.

Yeah, it’s a few minutes walk north from Zhongxiao-Dunhua MRT.

Map

Yes, it’s right near the corner of Bade and Dunhua Rds. From there you will see the TV station. the shop is behind it. (Only open Saturdays remember).

Closest MRT is Zhongxiao-Dunhua, then walk Nth a few minutes.

Brian

which american brands?

I have no idea. You’d have to e-mail or phone Elsa. The contact details are in the first post.

Brian

Hello,

I’m sure this topic has been posted before. I did a search and to avoid duplicated the topic but couldn’t find anything so I apologize if this has already been answered.

Can anyone tell me where I can find clothes in a size 10-12 or even shoes in a size 8.5-9?

I know that everyone in this country can’t be a size 2. :rainbow:

Cheers,
Dee_B

There are a couple of clothing stores that sell to that size. I know one of them is on Roosevelt Road between TaiPower Building and Taipower MRT Exit #1. Same side as the YMCA building and I think close to the Mr. Brown’s coffee shop.

I know because I was at that Mr. Brown’s coffee shop with another Forumosan. I swear, really :blush:

There are a couple of threads on where to find women’s clothing and women’s shoes in the women’s forum. Get in touch with Erhu on how to get access.

HTH
Iris

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]There are a couple of clothing stores that sell to that size. I know one of them is on Roosevelt Road between TaiPower Building and Taipower MRT Exit #1. Same side as the YMCA building and I think close to the Mr. Brown’s coffee shop.

I know because I was at that Mr. Brown’s coffee shop with another Forumosan. I swear, really :blush:[/quote]

Excellent! Thank you very much. I go to Taipei Language Institute so that’s pretty close.

:notworthy: