Larger size WOMEN's clothing / big / bigger / large clothes

Three areas you want to visit:

Heping/Xinsheng
area behind Sizzler I think… as you’re heading west, make a left by the 7-11 (if it’s still there). There are a bunch of what we call export stores with clothes in western sizes.

Tianmu, Chung Shan N. Road, Section 7
One place on Section 6, right before the American School, it’s called “Best Buy”.

Cosi Cosi the pizza place on Dun Hua. Just a few doors down is one export/outlet store, next lane down has 3 or so.

Damn! Did it again!
I thought the thread was Where Can I Find Normal Sized Women!?!?
Imagine my disappointment!!
Seriously, though, Mrs. the chief does actually qualify as a Normal Sized Woman (like 5’ 8" or so, about a North American 9 or 10-ish), and for some strange reason, has found that in the last couple of years some of the regular shops like Ralph Lauren and Tommy Girl have sizes for her, especially in the Land of the Mitsukoshis by Warner Village.
Is it possible that things are changing?

I’ve been living here for a little over a year and I haven’t even made the attempt to go shopping because everyone here seems to be a size 2. The last time I went shopping was back home when I visited my relatives in NYC in August 2005. I was beginning to lose all hope.

I’m very grateful for the help.

At the intersection of Kai Feng Street and Zhong Hua Road, not far from Ximen Ding, is a shop called Big Sizes EOOE. I saw it for the first time yesterday and popped in for a look. They’re pretty expensive, $1500 for a pair of pants, but they do have a lot of large sizes. I’m going back when I’m on my own (my Japanese guy friend wasn’t too interested in waiting for me to try on clothes!).

Thanks for all the tips.

The ‘wrinkle test’- grab a fistful of fabric and scrunch to see if fabric wrinkles- is useful before purchasing large-sized clothing that appears to be made of cotton. While we usually see polyester blends here in Taiwan,
the large-sized cotton blouses and summer pants, sold in the large-sizes stores, are seldom wrinkle-free. This means you’ll be ironing the item and it will wrinkle when you sit or bend your elbow. At 1,000 NT or more per item, I’d suggest you try just one item.
Even if you prefer cotton, I suggest just one purchase, as the quality may not be what you are accustomed to.

The main problem I have with the “large size” shops here is that their clothes are indeed too large. I’m “normal Western size”, not obese, hence, pants in size 16 cut for a 5’3 woman don’t fit me… A good bet is the shops described by braxtonhicks near the Sizzler. They are full of western clothes at reasonable prices.

Still there:
自然主義 Naturalism
中山北路七段24號B1 Zhong1shan1 N. Rd. Sec. 7, #24, B1
2874-6639
M-Sat 1p-10p
Sun 11a-10p

That’s very very horrid, though DB. Muji for basics. A chain called YBS has some T-style office stuff. Er, England for anything nice.

Sogo or figleaves.com for undies.

Yes my wife does most of her shopping on Lands End. Shipping is amazingly cheap. Something like $10 US for $100 order. Sometimes if we are going back to the States soon we just have it shipped in the US to where we stay.

For women’s styles, I completely agree. They had lots of glittery kitsch, especially their tees. Yech.

I do recommend them for men’s boxers if you’re very large, though. It’s the only store I’ve ever seen where most of them were way too big for me.

Fair enough. Sorry, no fashion judgements from me: I only own three outfits and they’re all the same. :wink:

Not sure what style of clothes or shoes you are looking for. You may want to have a look at the following links.

Internet shops
unimall.com.tw/topproduct.asp?cid=15006

shopping.pchome.com.tw/?m=search … T_24&c=E01

You can check the following websites first then decide if you want to go to the shops.
bwt (They have shops in different locations)
bwtyc.com/bwtyc/index.asp

Orangebear
No. 412-5 Chung Hsiao East road, sec. 5, Taipei
MRT Yongchun station, exit 2
tw.user.bid.yahoo.com/tw/show/au … angebear68

阿瘦皮鞋 (They have big size shoes. They have shops island-wide.)
aso.com.tw/

This might not be the right place to post this, but since it is about clothes and being bigger in some places I thought I may as well reply to this thread… I’m a UK8/US2/EU36, but I have somewhat wide hips, thighs and broad shoulders. This means I often have that something fits those areas, but is too big on my waist and the next size down cannot be squeezed over my thighs/hips or shoulders. (Oh, how I envy those women who can slip dresses/skirts over their heads when it doesn’t work the other end.) I’m quite sure I have a bigger frame than the average 100% East Asian woman, especially due to my irritatingly big shoulders. They are more or less like this compared to the rest of my body:
http://celebritygossips.us/wp-content/gallery/candice-swanepoel/photo22.jpg
http://celebritygossips.us/wp-content/gallery/candice-swanepoel/64.jpg

Does anyone know whether or not my frame and shape will be even more of an issue in Taiwan?

Found a real cornucopia of large size items, very fashionable and in Westerns styles, right nextdoor to Cardinal Tien Hospital in Xindian. From the main entrance, you can see a PXMart -Chinese: 全聯福利中心- Supermarket. There are some stores on the upper floor -the supermarket is in the basement, and the store at the entrance on the first floor facing the parking lot, next to the glass doors -not the one facing the mailboxes of the buildings tenants- carries Western brands in sizes up to 3XL.

There was a fantastic sequins dress I would have loved to wear at that special party a few months ago. Alas, I am not tall enough, so the dress is still there. Plus size pants, and nice blouses, with low cut decolletage. Most importantly: If you buy 2 pieces, you get one free.

So drop by and enjoy, if you are in teh area or live in Xindian. Oh, guys clothes available, too. :slight_smile:

Does anybody knows of new place? Around the Taichung area perhaps (Not necesary)? Even tho my chic is Taiwanese she is 5’8" but she got some weight while we were in Texas, she is losing it but her legs and arms aren’t getting any shorter. She bought a couple of xl slackers and the crotch in one of them torn right away and her butt cheeks go out when she clenches. Oh and shoes.

I wont go back and read all the previous posts. I get my heavy duty clothes at the Big fat man (women too) store at the corner by the Mormon Temple. I don’t know the address but if you find the temple, the fat people store is on the corner. You’ll probably find me browsing.

Thanks for replying, we are talking about the Mormon Temple in Taipei? Or the Church in Taichung next to the mall? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone!

I’m relatively new to Taiwan, and I’m looking for clothing that’ll fit. I’m not a stick-figure haha.

I’m a US size 12 and could use some advice as where I can find stores in the Taipei area that might have what I’m looking for.

I’d rather not do my shopping online, since I like to try things on before I buy them.

I would super appreciate any suggestions as to where to go. Thanks!

In Xindian we have a store called Made in Taiwan. They have stuff made for US department stores which means some selection of Western stuff at reasonable prices. However, as Taiwanese are also expanding, competition for the latest styles is fierce.

來自台灣 Outlet Store
No. 2, Jianguo Road, Xindian District, New Taipei City, 231
02 2911 0360
https://maps.app.goo.gl/CRf2e