Lasagna in Taipei?

Maybe I was basing this on students and taiwanese teachers and friends I have here. I’d be interested in finding these pasta restaurants that have lasagna. I’ve been craving it

4 Likes

Here you go. They’re pretty good.

5 Likes

Thank you! Hope it’s not too pricey

$380.

1 Like

Not too bad!!

1 Like

My personal recommendation: the Lasagna Bar on Shidong Road (just east of Zhongshan North Road) in Tienmu.

Enjoy!

Guy

4 Likes

I just realized I have absolutely no idea about this: are North American and Italian lasagna actually all that similar? I’ve got no interest in seeking out North American lasagna (I make variations all the time), but if it’s different, trying Italian lasagna would be interesting. And if so, is the one at Luna Italian or North American?

1 Like

I’ve noticed Americans tend to use ricotta cheese, while Italians use bechemel sauce.

5 Likes

There’s also one in Songshan, possibly the same?

https://g.page/TLBtaipei?share

3 Likes

Same owner!

Guy

1 Like

I would pay for actual lasagna.

The locals know how to cook noodles, even lasagna noodles. The problem that I observe, is that they most likely cook the lasagna noodles to the same perfect consistency, but then fail to consider that the noodle will continue to cook during the final baking.

They’ve all tasted great, but the noodles are almost always indiscernible

1 Like

:thinking: Hopefully that is not an abomination like deep base pizza

Does it come with pineapple?

1 Like

Louisa coffee has lasagna, which for something they put in the microwave, is not terrible .
not restaurant level, but a good choice for a quick lunch.

3 Likes

How are their cannelloni? 9 of 10 times I will choose cannelloni over lasagne (and I love lasagne).

1 Like

The Ikari Coffee lasagne isn’t too bad.

Haven’t had it. I’ve only been a few times and I like their lasagna. I don’t go there regularly cause it’s expensive so I save that place for when I wanna take girls.

2 Likes

The Lasagna Bar is a wonderful little place. Authentic Italian food, not only lasagna. I highly recommend. The mussels when you can get them are superb.
I’m referring to the one in Songshan District. Haven’t been to the Tienmu one.

6 Likes

YES! Owned by Italians (the same of a Mano if my memory serves me well).

Very solid lasagna.

1 Like