Have you had or considered having laser eye surgery?
- I had it done, my eyesight is much better and I’m very happy I did it.
- I had it done and am only moderately happy with the results.
- I had it done and it was a big mistake. If I could go back I wouldn’t do it.
- I’m considering having it done.
- I wear glasses/contacts and there’s no way I’d do it.
- My vision’s perfect; I’m just curious to check out the poll.
I know there have been other threads on the subject, but none with a poll as far as I know, so pardon me for this new thread.
As for me, I never wore glasses till I was 30 (too much reading in Uni maybe?). I realized I needed them when watching a movie on TV and my roommate could read the subtitles no problem and I couldn’t. I then realized it was difficult for me to read highway signs from a distance. But I never liked wearing the glasses, so I stopped after a year or two of occassional use.
I’m now 45 and haven’t put on the glasses in years, but I know my eyesight’s not that great for distances. I have trouble reading powerpoint presentations and bus numbers. So lately I’ve wondered about eye surgery. I really dislike glasses (I don’t like jewelry either, don’t like having things hanging on my body, especially delicate things that can get scratched, dirty, steamed up, etc.) but it would be great to have perfect vision.
Before I have surgery, though, I’ll probably try contacts just to see what it’s like having great eyesight. I’ve never had them and my wife tells me it’s easy to go in the store have a machine test your eyes and buy the right lenses. The idea of sticking my finger in my eye bothers me too, but I guess it’s not as extreme as having your eyeballs scorched by a laser beam.