Late night stories - 7-11 on the corner of Heping / Jinshan

There is a 7-11 on the corner of Heping and Jinshan in Taipei. Its in close proximity to a number of bars / clubs, and for that reason late at night there are always a bunch of inebriated / wierd / interesting people hanging around there. I would be interested to hear stories and what is the wierdest thing people have seen there?

I met a guy that I was convinced is Chuck Norris. If you see him walking around ShiDa area run up to him, point at him and yell “Chuck Norris”

You’re a few years too late, pal. You should have been there when Spin was open in the basement, Brown Sugar was just a stone’s throw away, and 45 was twice the current size with a pool table on a loft. Those were the days.

Oh swweeet Jesus, the sev on Heping and Jinshan. Oh no. Oh god. No.

I smoked a lucky strike there once…it was pretty wild.

I often go there to buy water and bananas.

Life is a trip.

I’ll never forget the time I went in there to buy some yogurt. I wasn’t sure if they were gonna give me a receipt or not! (They did.)

The guy ahead of me in line at the cashier was pickin’ up a Pocari Sweat!

And the kids behind me were buying some Mentos!

They need a bouncer at the door.

Wild times!

[quote=“zender”]I’ll never forget the time I went in there to buy some yogurt. I wasn’t sure if they were gonna give me a receipt or not! (They did.)

The guy ahead of me in line at the cashier was pickin’ up a Pocari Sweat!

And the kids behind me were buying some Mentos!

They need a bouncer at the door.

Wild times![/quote]

You MADMAN!
It’s still a mystery to me that you’ve avoided incarceration all these years.
Remember that time in, like, '95 or so, that one day you bought a bag of shrimp chips and…only ate half?!?!?
I’ll never forget how you rolled the top of the bag down and said “I’ll finish these…after class”!!!
Try doing that these days, forget about it!
INSANE times, man, insane…

Ladies. The Tibetans. (If you don’t know, then I’m not telling and if you do, welll…)

The 7-foot Tibetans were never near the 7-11, they hung around outside mostly Spin in the wee hours to jump drunken foreigners.
Stick to the topic, if you don’t mind.

[quote=“the chief”] . . . Remember that time in, like, '95 or so, that one day you bought a bag of shrimp chips and…only ate half???I’ll never forget how you rolled the top of the bag down and said “I’ll finish these…after class”!!!
INSANE times, man, insane…[/quote]

Oh, Man! I was hopin’ you’d forgotten!

I’ve still got that bag!

But little did you know that the second you left the room, I said, “Aw screw it!”, unrolled the top of the bag and

FINISHED THEM OFF ON THE WAY TO CLASS!!! :discodance:

The 7-foot Tibetans were never near the 7-11, they hung around outside mostly Spin in the wee hours to jump drunken foreigners.
Stick to the topic, if you don’t mind.[/quote]

Yeah, keep thinking that.

[quote=“zender”][quote=“the chief”] . . . Remember that time in, like, '95 or so, that one day you bought a bag of shrimp chips and…only ate half???I’ll never forget how you rolled the top of the bag down and said “I’ll finish these…after class”!!!
INSANE times, man, insane…[/quote]

Oh, Man! I was hopin’ you’d forgotten!

I’ve still got that bag!

But little did you know that the second you left the room, I said, “Aw screw it!”, unrolled the top of the bag and

FINISHED THEM OFF ON THE WAY TO CLASS!!! :discodance:[/quote]

See?
Your past will come back to haunt you…

I met a guy there one time that was like, hey let’s have a party at my place. So the crew took their beers and walked towards his house a few lanes down the road. Then he looked back and realized that it was mostly dudes so then the party got canceled.

But luckily me and my gf were invited up to the house and then we played mah jhong with the dude and his landlord and then passed out on the couch.

I met a guy there one time that was like, hey let’s have a party at my place. So the crew took their beers and walked towards his house a few lanes down the road. Then he looked back and realized that it was mostly dudes so then the party got canceled.

But luckily me and my gf were invited up to the house and then we played mah jhong with the dude and his landlord and then passed out on the couch.[/quote]

this has the makings of a hollywood blockbuster…i’m thinking walken in the part of the landlord, and of course jeff bridges gets to play th’ dude again…

But luckily me and my gf were invited up to the house and then we played mah jhong with the dude and his landlord and then passed out on the couch.[/quote]

this has the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster…I’m thinking walken in the part of the landlord, and of course jeff bridges gets to play th’ dude again…[/quote]

YES! And I see…wait for it…PAULIE SHORE in his big comeback as…the couch!!

Just want to say, I was there earlier and there was a big line for coffee. And some old dear was convinced she had the right change!

Those dirty reprobate bastards had no New Paradise white packet the other day. That’s the LAST time I vomit in THEIR doorway, that’s for DAMN sure. :fume:

WTF is up with that?
Like 3 times in the last couple months the supply has just dried the fuck up for like 4 days!
Had me back on the dreaded Long Life whites, man.
Double the Nic and Tar.
Had me coughing like me granny…

WTF is up with that?
Like 3 times in the last couple months the supply has just dried the fuck up for like 4 days!
Had me back on the dreaded Long Life whites, man.
Double the Nic and Tar.
Had me coughing like me granny…[/quote]
NT$50 instead of NT$65 I’m guessing.