Latest (must-have) Scooter Theft Deterrent Device

yeah hindsight. I was convinced that those flames would have been off within half an hour. As it was they even left the original number plate on it too :unamused: , the cops told me that was their first indication it was stolen.

I had a pretty good look at it, and basically new front panel, new headlight, 2 mirrors and a few plastic brackets etc, and it should be looking pretty good after one hell of a decent clean and polish. The rear half of the scoot is pretty mint considering.
It WAS a 60k scoot, so even if it costs 5-10k to get it back into shape it is worth it. The engine and electrics all run very well.

a scooter is like an animal to meā€¦i get attached. I bought my little 50 cc scoot for 7000, and just now had to replace the engin for 6000. The mechanic almost had a heartattack when I told him that I was willing to pay so much to fix itā€¦he wanted me to buy another bike!

Seems like a lot of thieves are dumb. My old NSR had a plethora of custom parts and a paint job when it was stolen. I found it about three months later not 2km from home (where it disappeared) and the only attempt they had made to disguise the thing was to remove the license plate. Duh.

Glad this worked out for you Truant, though I would have put the Vino on the train for the return journey.

That would have been the smart thing to do. after riding it around the compound, I figured Iā€™d ride it to the station and see how it went.

The bike was running perfectly, the weather was great, I had 6 hrs of daylight, the thief left it gassed up, Iā€™d never rode from Taichung to Taoyuan along that west coastā€¦ yadda yadda yadda.

I am glad I did, that 61 expressway is like a hidden road or something in Taiwan. Itā€™s FAST, smooth, empty and the view out the left is awesome. I would have loved to have changed the oil first, but no shop seemed to be open on Sunday. :s

[quote=ā€œTruantā€]that 61 expressway is like a hidden road or something in Taiwan. Itā€™s FAST, smooth, empty and the view out the left is awesome.[/quote]Yeah, itā€™s sweet. They have more than a few cameras thoughā€¦ Hope you donā€™t get any picture postcards. :wink: