Laws in TW, am I in trouble

You just had to ask, didn’t you?

St. James’s Park Pelicans

2.58 p.m.

Lord Stodart of Leaston asked Her Majesty’s Government:

Whether the arrival of two pelicans from Prague was the result of a request made to the Government of the Czech Republic; and whether there are more to come to join Vaclav and Rusalka with a view to restoring the number of pelicans in St. James’s Park.

The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department of National Heritage (Lord Inglewood): My Lords, the two pelicans, Vaclav and Rusalka, joined the white pelican and the eastern white pelican at St. James’s Park in September. They were brought from Prague Zoo. There are no plans to acquire any more.

Lord Stodart of Leaston: My Lords, I thank my noble friend for such a positive reply. Is he aware of the fact that over the past 30 years or so, when this subject has been discussed, questions have been asked about the possibility of reproduction among the pelicans in St. James’s Park? On each occasion the Minister answering the Question has been obliged to say that because of his ignorance of the sex of the pelicans he has been unable to provide any information. On this occasion, the two pelicans have been supplied with Christian names. Does that give my noble friend the possibility of adding a plume to his cap by refuting the claim that has always been made that the only thing that knows the sex of a pelican is another pelican?

Lord Inglewood: My Lords, I am sure that your Lordships are grateful to my noble friend for having the interests of the pelicans in St. James’s Park so close to his heart over so many years. As my noble friend commented, the two newly acquired pelicans are called Vaclav and Rusalka. Vaclav is the same name as Wenceslas, a male name, and Rusalka is a female name. When the pelicans left Prague Zoo, the experts there identified the sex of each of the pelicans. In order to ensure that they are no longer in the predicament of not knowing the identity or the sex of the pelicans, the Government have ringed each of them so that the knowledge can be retained.

Continued at:

parliament.the-stationery-of … 220-01.htm

Blueface, do you really have nothing else to do all day? Or have we just happened to stumble across your secret passion?

It was pointed out to me a while ago that, when I’m feeling happy and relaxed and confident, I have a tendency to sit with one foot/ankle on the knee of the other leg. (Legs apart) Perhaps this is the leg-crossing referred to? No problem if so, you might think, but when doing so one hand naturally comes to rest on the genitals.

So you’re sitting there admiring your colleague’s ‘elfin beauty’, thrusting your nuts at her and absent-mindedly stroking them. It used to piss my ex off, and she liked my gear. I imagine a co-worker could find it a little more upsetting.

And what you did before does matter, just not to you apparently.

Do you also have a craving for raw herring?

Anna Wang:
No she agreed to the short term relationship and was interested. But then I didn’t say a thing and just go on like nothing happened, because I realized that it was not approporate in working environment. So she probably thinks that she agreed and maybe tho I got her and then I was happy so I didn’t go on with it or something I don’t know…so now she probably is embarassed and wants some revenge.
She never said no and I went on with it. Actualy she said yes and I said no.
But what it comes down to it’s word against words? What if she said that’s not how it happen and lied. And in the office people are all with her because I was new employee to the office. hmmmmm

Did she expose herself to you? I have heard that sometimes the Taiwanese girls like to wear short skirts with no underpants, and when they sit at just the right angle, the male co-workers get a full view of everything . . . . . it drives the men crazy, and when they say anything the girls just slap them.

What kind of business was this? Was this a bushiban or a an international company?

Are you saying that there was a sexual relationship, which lasted only a brief time before you ended it? What are you saying?

Marky, did you accidently cut and paste your letter to Penthouse Forum into this post?

Please put the rest of the story, about how you got slapped and liked it, had the office girl tie you up, etc. Really, I “have heard” posters named Marky are into that sort of thing.

okaythen01,

It would be to everyone’s advantage (assuming you’re not a troll) to do the following:

• Quit being a weenie and actually tell us the details of your behavior. You’re hiding behind some very obscure terms and generalizations that make it difficult for us to judge what happened. For instance, if she was interested in you it would be in your interest to write how she signalled this. We’d like to rule out cultural misunderstanding or just bad judgement on your part.

My instinct tells me that you’re deliberately making things fuzzy to cover up some overt behavior. I can’t think why you’d be willing to leave the country over this if it’s the way you describe. If it’s as simple as you put it, I’d wonder why you’re so willing to run without a fight.

• What do you mean by having a “short term relationship”? Going out for a few months? Running to a love-hotel? Running to her immediately and mounting her?

• You have many people asking what you mean by crossing your legs. I also want to know what you mean by that. ANSWER THE QUESTION.

• How long did the flirtation last? One day? Several weeks?

• You may have noticed that using slang like “peeps” won’t get you very far here. Many of the members here are or have been English teachers, or are working professionals. I for one would appreciate younger people not introducing flavor-of-the-month slang into the conversation. You’ll find communicating flows a lot more smoothly when you do.

:shock: That’s something new!!!

Never seen that before. But I might be looking the wrong places.

Being hit on (IE touched in suggestive ways) by young female coworkers is a fact of life here if you are a foreigner. Take it as a kind of praise for your work morale or lack of such.

Or, given how weenie a troll you are…an even shorter relationship…ya two-stroke tommy…

HAHAHHA okay, does that crossing your leg trick work in the USA??? I bet no ones sueing you for that, but laughing at you, you sound liek a hairy over weight nerd who couldnt get any girls in the USA, and still can’t, hah a virgin being charged for sexual harrasment

[quote]This is something that bothers me about many women, particularly Taiwanese women. Why don’t they have the guts and honesty for a direct “no” instead of being so evasive all the time? Men aren’t mind-readers, though many women expect them to be. I’d much rather have a direct rejection than playing some sort of guessing game. If only more women had more of a backbone to issue an assertive “sorry, not interested,” early on in the game, instead of playing coy and letting the unwanted advances continue until the boiling point, half of all sexual harassment cases would be nipped in the bud before the harrassment started. I simply cannot comprehend why so many women are so passive to put up with this kind of shit.
[/quote]

Well, just look at the crossing of the legs thing: half the time you are not exactly sure in the beginning if a guy is interested in you or not. Not all people operate using the same signals. A guy might ask you out three or four times with nothing really sexual happening, but you decide you need to tell him that you are not interested: suddenly he is completely at a loss - What are you talking about? I was only trying to be friends. Bloody embarrassing if you ask me…

Secondly, I sometimes find it impossible to respond to signals when I find the person so completely not my type that the thought of sexual interaction does not even surface. For example, a guy of 55 asked me to his house after we’d known each other for about a year. I have loads of guy friends and I’m constantly around them, going to their apartments, etc. so I didn’t think anything was strange until I actually got there…his son is my age, for f*ck sake!

Somebody I know recently quit her job at very short notice because of unwelcome advances from a co-worker. The worst part is he probably never realised he was doing anything wrong. He never made any sexual advances at work (according to her), but asked her out on dates and she went on every date with him. No kissing, sex…but this went on for about 6 months. Poor guy probably thought he was eventually going to get somewhere, as she was constantly agreeing to go out with him.

In the end she quit because she couldn’t stand it anymore…the dates had become a weekly thing. She claims that because of Chinese culture she could not refuse these dates. She does not like to say no.
He should have realised when no kissing or any other sexual event happened that he was not wanted, and should have stopped asking her out (apparently).
Is she telling the truth, or is this just one girl too spineless or scared to say no?

So…stay away from the co-workers unless you end up marrying them, that is. Life’s a gamble.

[quote] Somebody I know recently quit her job at very short notice because of unwelcome advances from a co-worker. The worst part is he probably never realised he was doing anything wrong. He never made any sexual advances at work (according to her), but asked her out on dates and she went on every date with him. No kissing, sex…but this went on for about 6 months. Poor guy probably thought he was eventually going to get somewhere, as she was constantly agreeing to go out with him.

In the end she quit because she couldn’t stand it anymore…the dates had become a weekly thing. She claims that because of Chinese culture she could not refuse these dates. She does not like to say no.
He should have realised when no kissing or any other sexual event happened that he was not wanted, and should have stopped asking her out (apparently).
Is she telling the truth, or is this just one girl too spineless or scared to say no? [/quote]
They’re both bloody idiots!

He should have had the balls to say something, or make some kind of advance.

She should have made it clear that she wasn’t interested so that he wasn’t under any illusions. If she chooses to go out on weekly dates with someone she doesn’t like, who doesn’t even have what it takes to make his intentions clear, then she has only herself to blame. And after letting him persist in his naive illusions for so long she has probably broken the poor guy’s heart. Bitch.

More of this face-saving, non-confrontational stupidity ruining people’s lives. What did they talk about for six months? Did neither of them ever mention romance or relationships? Why does no-one in this country ever say what they really think, or ever make anything clear?

All she had to do was make excuses or be evasive when he asked her out, or come up with some suitable bullshit - “I’m so glad I have you as my friend, I want you to be the first to know about my new lover…” Does chinese culture dictate that she has to shag the guy if he asks as well? Kiss him? Hold hands on the bus? Wait for the bus together?

She’s talking bollocks. She liked the attention, obviously has nothing else going on in her life (typical!) and completely failed to think about what she was doing or where it was leading. And when she realised, she panicked. Instead of just straightening things out like any sane person she has to go and give up her job. What a loser.

This is a guy who didn’t make a move on her for over six months? Sounds like he’s a nice guy at least. He’s going to take it hard, but I don’t imagine he’s going to start threatening her or anything. The only reason she has quit is that she doesn’t want to have to be reminded of what she’s done by seeing him.

She’s just not dealing with the situation. Introduce her to Mr Weenie, the guy who started the thread. They’ll be good for each other.