Laws regarding marrying someone from Taiwan

Marry abroad, don’t marry here.

Get resident visa based on the marriage(JFRV).

Get an ARC.

Get a work permit based on your status as a foreign spouse.

I tested the search function here. It took me less than 2 minutes to answer all the questions. If you find the search function too hard to use, please contact gus at

And yes, being a foreign spouse is much easier in my view. The bureaucracy doesn’t hassle you that much.