Lawsuit city! Misleading ads at Forumosa

I saw a banner ad at Forumosa today for the guanxi lottery - only g$20 it says!!

But the ticket price is now 25. Is there an advertising standards authority here that I can complain to? I feel like I’ve been ripped off. And I never win anyway. Is this thing covered by the lotteries and gaming act?

[quote=“stragbasher”]I saw a banner ad at Forumosa today for the guanxi lottery - only g$20 it says!!

But the ticket price is now 25. Is there an advertising standards authority here that I can complain to? I feel like I’ve been ripped off. And I never win anyway. Is this thing covered by the lotteries and gaming act?[/quote]Yeah, and the lottery is always won by people by like Durins Bane and Angst. Have you ever heard of them ? Me niether, it’s obviously a fiddle :smiling_imp:
But I think you’re trying the right approach now, when I complained someone was fiddling it, I won 3 times, funny that…
Have a refund of the 5 guanxis you say you’re owned.

Yeah, sorry about that. I upped the price a couple of months ago. BTW, I’m thinking of having a one-time no-holds-barred lottery next week - people would be allowed to purchase as many lottery tickets as they wish, therefore upping the grand prize. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Well, that depends. Is it going to be fixed like the other lotteries? :wink:

Yes. I’m going to win this time. 1 million g$ to Mr Stragbasher.

On the other hand, there’s not really much you can do with the winnings, so what’s the point? I have the stuff piling up in the bank already, despite offering to give it away. Can you think of something we can do with it?

I seem to recall a ‘pranks’ feature a while back. You could spend your money changing people’s titles, or buying your own back, or some such.

Or you could charge people for using bandwidth with their avatars - both official and unofficial like the li’l thing stevie boy has.

Well, maybe to the free for all lottery. I almost never win anyway. And if I win, then I can give the guanxi away, but that’s it.

You can’t give the stuff away these days. I tried. It’s that insane interest rate at the bank. Seriously, there needs to be something to spend it on.

I bought another ticket anyway. I’m such a sucker. What’ll I do if I win?

Give it all to me. I am in need.

You’ve got heaps of the stuff. What do you need more for?

Be quick. The draw is tomorrow, and I’ll put it all on time deposit after I win unless you can give me a good reason to donate to you.