LCD decisions

I’m down to choosing a LCD monitor.

Do you know the warranty provided by:

1. BenQ
  2. Viewsonic
  3. Samsung

(e.g. I read in Australia Samsung will replace LCD monitor if you find one defective pixel (dead/unlit/etc) if you find it in 2 days)
Here in Taipei, I think it would be different.

Choosing between BenQ 767, Samsung 172T and Viewsonic 171b.

I plan to get 17" with DVI connector.
I’m like to play games, fast paced games but I’m worried about the resolutions supported.
Since 17" best viewed in 1280 x 1024, if I play games in that res. the games might be slow even with a good card (ATI Radeon 9600 PRO).

Anyone with suggested rigs, please let me know.

:smiley: :smiley:

Viewsonic - end of story.

Nah, seriously, we have had many brands of monitor at work and they have all crapped out in horrible ways, only the Viewsonic has kept on going. I am looking at a beautiful black and silver Viewsonic VE155s now and I can’t think of anything better except for the same thing at a cheaper price. :wink:

[quote=“Boss Hogg”]Viewsonic - end of story.

Nah, seriously, we have had many brands of monitor at work and they have all crapped out in horrible ways, only the Viewsonic has kept on going. I am looking at a beautiful black and silver Viewsonic VE155s now and I can’t think of anything better except for the same thing at a cheaper price. :wink:[/quote]

I have 2 Samsungs

1. regular CRT 753DF flat 17" very nice colors and easy on the eyes

2. 152S LCD 15" no problems yet (no DVI on this model fork out a few hundred more NT?)

They are built pretty well i think, good quality, doesn’t hurt my eyes and not too expensive (not too cheap too).

Samsung is definitely nice. I have a CRT and our whole office uses the 17" LCDS.

In TW, if you’re looking for a stuck pixel replacement, I think there’s only a few models of Viewsonic that guarantee that. You’ll have to ask. Standard is less than 3 stuck I believe.

I haven’t been following video cards so you’ll have to check reviews on what kind of FPS you’ll get at that resolution. You definitely don’t want to be running your LCD at less than native. Also, for gaming, you’ll want to check the response times (rise + fall). The lower, the better.