LCD vs. CRT TV

that’s english there, you wascal.

french would be merde a l’entré, merde a ventre. or something like that.

plasmas use about ten thousands times as much power and last one tenth the time, if that’s any consideration.

And, from my Googling between my OP and now, LCDs use a lot less power and have the potential to last longer, although they are also less reliable on average, with pixels going out, areas turning dark, and the like.

Still sounds like CRTs are a much better value. :idunno:

For NT4000 for sure, assuming the thing has a decent picture quality and is sufficient for your needs.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
Still sounds like CRTs are a much better value. :idunno:[/quote]
Umm, have you tried to move a 32" CRT recently? The weight savings of LCD alone are worth the premium any day.

My cats can push the 29 inch monster easily. 32 would be fine for them. I am afraid an LCD would have a very short life in my home, even if I hang it on the wall -sometimes when I lie in bed, I see wee little paws on the ceiling. How? Why? Don’t ask, don’t tell.

just paws? time to start asking…

Umm, have you tried to move a 32" CRT recently? The weight savings of LCD alone are worth the premium any day.[/quote]

Since cable TV is Analogue and most satellites are MPEG2 a CRT gives a much better picture as it support the correct resolution. Get a Sony Trinitron multisystem 29 inch. They look much better than many LCD’s and Plasma TV’s out there on the market.

Carnegies have some new Phillips Plasma TV’s I think and they look pretty good on my streaming systems too. All TV’s have different tuners and hardware so some perform much better than others.

Beautiful – I’ll check that out, thanks! :slight_smile: