Le Petit Africain - West African food in Danshui

I’ve been to this place once and was quite happy with the meal. I have absolutely no idea what I ate, and I loved having a meal full of tastes that I couldn’t quite identify; I can’t remember the last time a meal was new like that for me. However, I know nothing about West African food. (It didn’t bear much resemblance to Moroccan, which is all I had to go on.)

If you’re walking from Danshui MRT station, just keep going along the waterfront. When you get to Big Tom’s ice cream, continue to walk, but along the road, not on the waterfront itself - you’ll come to Le Petit Africain in a minute or two. At a Taiwanese tourist walking pace it’s probably about 40-45 minutes from the MRT station (it’s further than most of the day trippers ever get), but for someone trying to get to the place it’s more like 20-25 minutes.

cfimages, you’re right that this had already been mentioned in another thread:

However, it’s probably good for a restaurant to have its own thread.

What I posted there:

[quote]Well, this is a surprise to me: there’s an African restaurant in Danshui…

Le Petite Africain, 小非洲人餐廳: No. 247, Zhong-Zheng Rd, Danshui (Just before the St Domingo Fort in Danshui) /
台北縣淡水鎮中正路247號

(02) 2626-8995.

Hmm. Who knew. Have to try it out.[/quote]

Another review here:
domingoyu.com/writings/ident … -africain/