Hotels - Le Petit Sherwood Hotel Taipei

“Le Petit Sherwood Hotel Taipei” - where is their website?

NOT the Sherwood on Min-Sheng East Road.

Thanks!

[quote=“2xtuesday”]“Le Petit Sherwood Hotel Taipei” - where is their website?

NOT the Sherwood on Min-Sheng East Road.

Thanks![/quote]

They closed this summer.

Thanks! No wondering I can’t find it anywhere…

Do you know why they closed it?

I really liked that little hotel. My longest stay there was nearly 2 months.
(this was a few years ago) It was near all of my friends’ homes in Taiwan…

[quote=“2xtuesday”]Thanks! No wondering I can’t find it anywhere…

(this was a few years ago) It was near all of my friends’ homes in Taiwan…[/quote]

Not enough business I believe.

Les Suites are a nice little hotel

suitetpe.com/english/index.php

[quote=“Chris H”]Les Suites are a nice little hotel

suitetpe.com/English/index.php[/quote]

Thanks for the tip!

I checked out the website and it looks very nice.
Perhaps I’ll try it next time. I love small hotels.

[quote=“2xtuesday”]Thanks! No wondering I can’t find it anywhere…

(this was a few years ago) It was near all of my friends’ homes in Taiwan…[/quote]

I know for fact that it was sold to an investor just 2-3 months ago so I believe they’ll work on it and reopen soon.

[quote=“Balazs”][quote=“2xtuesday”]Thanks! No wondering I can’t find it anywhere…

I know for fact that it was sold to an investor just 2-3 months ago so I believe they’ll work on it and reopen soon.[/quote]

Depends who manages it though whether it will be worth a stay.

And Balazs, this is why you have to stay in Taiwan. No one else has this kind of inside info. :wink:

I decided to call the Sherwood Hotel directly.(the original one on
Minsheng East Road)

A lady from the sales dept told me that the “little Sherwood” was indeed
sold. It closed in July of this year. The new buyer apparently will
renovate the whole building and turn them ino luxury small suite/
apartments.(to be sold off individually)

While I was on the phone, she mentioned that since I was such a loyal
customer in the past, she would get ma a special 40%-off room rate the
next time I go back to Taiwan.

Just saw on TV the main Sherwood is closing on 2/15.

1 Like

You did dig deep for this one, ha ha.

That hotel used to be one of the best, if not the best, hotels in Taipei.

The top ones are bleeding money, as the government only is trying to save the low-hanging fruit in the domestic hotel industry by forcing 14 days’ (okay 7 for a short time until CNYr) quarantine.
Watch out for other 5-star hotels to fold, too.
They’ll become ghost buildings, or maybe just a floor or two of lights.
:clap:

Sherwood was privately held wasn’t it? Curious if the proprietors of the hotel actually own the lot.

It’s seems a bit different in KHH recently, a new Marriott and Continental (IHG) hotels have or will open. Went to meet friend at new KHH Marriott was very nice (its new, hope they keep it nice). Maybe other KHH hotels will close, but have not heard anything much (I do not pay attention to this as much).

Wonder who is staying in these hotels. Sherwood, every time I stayed there, seemed to host a lot of business conferences. I guess that has all fallen off a cliff now…

1 Like

Intel used to have their Taiwan office right across the street. They moved to Nangang in late 2016. That was the beginning of the end.

Yeah I went to a weiya there last year and they were especially helpful/friendly/going out of their way because business had suffered so much due to COVID. And I have noticed a lot less in person everything even now since the May outbreak. So I would imagine a place that probably makes most of its money on business meetings and larger parties isn’t making much money at all right now…

2 Likes

As per @tempogain 's post:

Guy

1 Like

It just represents the colossal planning failure that is Taipei. It is surrounded by 100,000 dilapidated rotting concrete gong yus, all which I would happily put a wrecking ball through, and they are knocking down a perfectly fine building.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying. But there are some—albeit modest—changes afoot, signalling that others agree that we can do better:

Guy

2 Likes