Learn Arnis/Eskrima/Kali from a Filipino Grandmaster

Hi guys,

A Master of the Filipino Martial Art called Arnis will be coming to Taiwan on mid-April to have a seminar. This seminar will probably be a two-day or three-day seminar and it will be for beginners. Therefore, it doesn’t matter if you have a background or not. If you want to join, all you need is the heart to learn this art.

This is a very rare opportunity since there are only a few Arnis Grandmasters left. It’s not every day you meet one so I am inviting those who love martial arts to join.

To those who doesn’t know about Arnis, it is basically a martial art that uses sticks, knives, and hand to hand combat. These are some videos of our Arnis System:

facebook.com/l.php?u=http:// … pk5u__IyTo
facebook.com/l.php?u=http:// … BhErlYsbos

The grandmaster is Filomeno Buena and he has been my teacher for 7 years. I am honestly telling you that this guy is extra-ordinary. A lot of instructors from different martial arts and from different countries have been coming to our gym in the Philippines just to learn from him. So I am really suggesting that you take the opportunity.

Originally, this seminar was meant only for my team in Kaohsiung. However, since this is a rare opportunity, I might as well open it to other people who want to learn from the Master. The exact date and price will depend on how many people will join. This project is not really for earning money but for spreading the Art of Arnis, so we will do our best to make it as cheap as possible (just to cover expenses). Students with ID will be given a discount.

I am also planning to open a seminar in Tainan if I get at least 5 people from Tainan.
If you are from another place, we can also come over if you gather at least 6 people.

You can check out our team at Kaohsiung in this webpage: facebook.com/home.php?#/grou … 6700451949

If you want to join, be updated or you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me at francis_tenchavez@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Kiko

Sounds good but the above will be a problem. Mid-April is only a month away. That’s not much time to plan to attend. I would think about going but not without a definite price and date. Remember, you’re asking for a 2-3 day commitment.
If you get those finalized then could you let us know?

Nice to hear from you. I will keep you posted.

thanks

Please do. Sounds like a good opportunity. We don’t have enough seminars in Taiwan.

Hi guys,

As some of you already heard, a Grandmaster of the Philippine Martial
Art called Arnis (some call it Kali or Eskrima) is coming here in
Taiwan to do a seminar. This was originally only for my Kaohsiung Arnis
Team but since this is a rare opportunity (there’s only a few
Grandmasters left), I decided to open the seminar to the public. You
don’t need any experience to join. As long as you really wanna learn,
you are more than welcome.

Arnis is an art that focuses on Stick, knife, and empty hands fighting.
There are tons of videos you can search on youtube if you are not
familiar with this art. The Grandmaster that will come here is Filomeno
Buena. He has been my teacher for 7 years and I can assure you, he is
one of a kind. Many foreigners from different martial arts background
usually come to our gym in the Philippines to learn from him. Given
this, I am invting you to grab this rare opportunity. Aside from being
a Grandmaster in Arnis, his accomplishments include:

Graduate, Advanced Course in Military Science and Tactics
Reserved Officers’ Training Corps, University of the Philippines

Graduate, Individual Proficiency Awardee and Elected
Team Leader
Scout Ranger and Unconventional Warfare Orientation Course,
Home Defense, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Project

Former Training Division Commander, Ranger Chief and
Chief Combatives CInstructor
Rainbow Ranger Division of Volunteers, Armed Forces of the Philippines

Former Training Brigade Commander, Ranger Chief and
Chief Combatives Instructor
“Anahaw” Brigade (Prov’l), Mobilization Assembly
Test, AFP

We will be holding the seminar in Tainan, Kaohsiung, and Taipei.

The Tainan and Kaohsiung seminar will be on April 18-19 (Saturday and Sunday). Each session is 2-3 hours. You have the
option to choose whether you will attend 1 or 2 days.

For the Tainan seminar, it will
be at 9:00am - 12:00nn of April 18 and 19. Venue for this seminar is to
be announced but it will be near Tainan city for sure.

For the Kaohsiung Seminar, it will be from 7:00pm-9:00pm of April 18 (Saturday) and 3:00pm-6:00pm of April 19 (Sunday). Venue will be at THE FORGE MMA Gym, 53 Jhung Jheng 4th Rd, 11F-4. Very near to Formosa MRT Station.

The prices for the Tainan/ Kaohsiung seminar will be as follows
1 day: 1,000 NTs
2 days: 1,500 NTs
For students with ID, we will give a discount:
1 day: 700 NTs
2 days: 1000 NTs

For the TAIPEI Seminar the price will be
1,500NTs (1 day) or 2,000 NTs (2 days).
A little higher since we need to pay for the transportation and lodging.

If you would like to join, please email me francis_tenchavez@yahoo.com

Don’t miss this great opportunity :slight_smile:

PS:
You can check out some of our groups videos in these links:
youtube. com/watch? v=-pk5u__ IyTo
youtube. com/watch? v=RBhErlYsbos& feature=related
blitzangelfi re.multiply. com/video/ item/31/Arnisado rs_in_Megamall

You can also check our Kaohsiung Team’s Facebook account at:
facebook .com/inbox/ readmessage. php?t=1117666266 764&f=1&e= 0#/group. php?gid=46700451 949

Thanks guys. See you in the seminar!

Kiko.

Sorry I forgot to mention. The TAIPEI Seminar will be on APRIL 25-26 (930am-1230nn) near Guting MRT Station.

Hi guys.

I’ll be hosting Kiko’s teacher, Grandmaster Filomeno Buena, here in Taipei at my school, Formosa Neijia. As Kiko said, it’s located near GuTing Station, behind the 7-11 on JinShan s. Rd. just across from ShiDa.

The seminar will be on April 25-26, Saturday and Sunday, from 9:30 a.m. until 12 p.m. We’ll be covering basic stickfighting methods. The price will be NT$1,500 (1 day) or NT$2,000 (2 days). Please pay when you arrive and you can pay for both days on Saturday if you wish.

If you need a stick, let me know and I’ll make arrangements to have some for purchase.

If there are any general questions about the content of the seminar, please contact Kiko. If you have questions about the Taipei seminar, please contact me at chessman71 “at” gmail.com

If you plan to come, please email me and let me know.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Hi guys,

Sorry if some of you didn’t know yet but the Arnis seminar for Kaohsiung and Tainan will be moved to April 25-26 because Grandmaster Fil Buena needs more time processing his VISA.

The Tainan Seminar will be at 9:00am-12:00nn of both days and it will be in Southern Taiwan University of Technology, N Building, Room N007.

The Kaohsiung Seminar will be at 430-730pm of both days at the Forge Gym, 53 Jhung Jheng 4th Rd, 11F - 4

Taipei seminar will be cancelled due to time constraints but will hopefully push thru in the next few months.

Again the prices are as follows:

You can bring your own sticks or we can let you borrow. We will also be selling some sticks from the Philippines if you want to have your own.

Right now, we have enough people who confirmed but we will still welcome other people who still want to join.

Thank you and sorry for the unexpected delay of my teacher’s VISA processing.

Kiko

大家好,
在這邊對那些還不知道訓練營以延期至4月25,26號的人說聲抱歉。因教練申請台灣VISA需較久的時間,所以因故延期。在此再一次的說聲抱歉。
台南訓練營場次:
時間:4月25,26 早上9點~12點
地點:南台科技大學, N棟 N007 (地下一樓)
高雄訓練營場次:
時間:4月25,26 下午4:30~7:30
地點:高雄 格雷西柔術道館, 中正四路53號11樓之4 (高盧法式餐廳旁)

台北場次則因時間限制所以取消。但我們會一教練情況,希望在幾個月後能在台北舉行。
現在我們已有很多人猜加報名,但還是誠摯的歡迎對菲律賓魔棍有興趣的人來報名參加。

Hi Guys,

Just want to remind you about the Arnis / Kali / Eskrima Seminar with the Grandmaster this Weekend (April 25-26).

The Tainan Seminar will be at 9:00am-12:00nn of both days and it will be in Southern Taiwan University of Technology, N Building, Room N007 (basement).

The Kaohsiung Seminar will be at 430-730pm of both days at the Forge Gym, 53 Jhung Jheng 4th Rd, 11F - 4. It is near Formosa MRT Station (beside Gaolash Cafe).

Again the prices are as follows:

If you don’t have sticks, we will provide sticks which you can borrow or buy, if you want to own one. So basically, just come with your sports attire.

See you there!

Kiko

大家好,在這邊再一次提醒大家,菲律賓魔棍訓練營(菲律賓教授親自蒞臨指導))的時間是4月25,26日(這禮拜六,日).大家記得來參加,別忘記囉!
台南訓練營場次:時間:4月25,26 早上9點~12點
地點:南台科技大學, N棟 N007 (地下一樓)
高雄訓練營場次:
時間:4月25,26 下午4:30~7:30
地點:高雄 格雷西柔術道館, 中正四路53號11樓之4 (高盧法式餐廳旁)

報名費用:一天 NT1000, 兩天 NT1500 學生特價: 一天NT700, 兩天NT1000
在設備分面,我們會提供棍子,如果你想要擁有自己的棍子,我們也有提供讓你選購。基本上,就是穿著運動舒適的服裝來參加即可。
那天見囉!
我的電話: 0912452784
Kiko