Learning Chinese Flashcards (PAV Book 1:Ready-to-Print)

Good work truant

The only issue I have is that aren’t they supposed to test your writing skill, so you would put the pronounciation on the back side?

well it depends how creative you are. Ratlung and I study together and we both use the following technique: slide down a flash card until the character on the one underneath it is revealed, and then the objective it to vocalise it correctly.
For writing practice, you could do the opposite, reveal the card from the bottom up. :idunno:

I have thought about putting the characters on the back - a lot, but to be honest, doing it so it can be printed in sheets of 9 and still have the correct character on the back is just waaaaay too much work not only in setting up the database, but also for everyone that prints the sheets.

you could fold the flashcard :slight_smile:

I already thought of folding it, but it’s not set up that way very suitably, as i checked the format , not symettrical (no criticism intended). If it was symmetrical you could print it, cut it, fold it, then glue it.
I know what you mean about sliding it so it’s one method.

the other option would be to make some up just how you like them. :wink:

Hey, just wanted to say thank you for these cards Truant. They are awesome! I actually did fold mine in half. I just used regular paper and swiped a gluestick across the back. They are working pretty well. :notworthy:

Really? I was half joking!

My quality assistant and I have found some minor errors in the cards. So far we have hand adjusted them, but post any here and at some point I will go thru and do a revision.

Book 2 would be amazing. Am on book 3 but have forgotten half of book 2’s characters.

Maybe you could make a deal with the publishers and make some money publishing them? Id’ definitely buy a premade set.

OK, I have the data for book 2 but it needs some serious cleaning up to prepare it for the database. Am working on it when I get the chance.

BTW, my chinese sucks. Not enough time to use the damn flashcards.

OK, I have the data for book 2 but it needs some serious cleaning up to prepare it for the database. Am working on it when I get the chance.

BTW, my chinese sucks. Not enough time to use the damn flashcards.[/quote]Sounds like displacement activity to me! Get off your computer and go and study!

Locking this thread, please go to the New and Improved one:

[url]Learning Chinese Flashcards