Leave and pregnancy

Anyone know or can point me to info on what leave is allowed during pregnancy - for the father that is. Is there ‘special leave’ or the like? or do you just have to endure getting your pay docked?

You should get at least two days off. I just used my two days.

My company falls under the Labor Department, by the way. I can’t say if all companies will be the same.

[quote=“scomargo”]You should get at least two days off. I just used my two days.

My company falls under the Labor Department, by the way. I can’t say if all companies will be the same.[/quote]

Same here. I was allowed two days off. Also got a NT$2000 gift voucher. My company also follows standard practice. Not sure if yours would or not.

sorry i meant suring the pregnancy

Nothing, but you can usually take unpaid “personal leave”, which is a lot easier to get for something like pregnancy.

yeah i thought as much. its times like these when the whole ‘taiwan is an advanced country’ is total bullshit

Which countries allow the father to take paid leave during pregnancy? I don’t think either the US or Canada do. Just curious.

Which countries allow the father to take paid leave during pregnancy? I don’t think either the US or Canada do. Just curious.[/quote]
Don’t think Britain allows this either. At least I’ve never heard of it. Maternity leave, yes, but not pregnancy leave.

maybe not unpaid, but if you clock out and then in again and do the requisite daily hours then you wont get docked.

I’d say you should be directing your anger at your company’s policies, not at Taiwan’s.

This should be a happy time for you, try to keep things in perspective.

angry at my co and taiwans labor laws. there arent many co’s based here - local or mnc that stray too far from the local laws when it comes to employee rights.

it is a happy time and those who know me know this and they know why i am particuarly naffed at not getting time off in this particular instance. surely i am allowed to vent?