Leaving my job

ok, here’s the story…
I’m teaching English (surprise surprise) and when i was hired at my job, they told me it would be no problem to get time off in August to go away for a week. Now, theyre telling me I can’t, when I’ve already made travel plans. So, I am giving my notice, (35 days) and leaving. The problem is, my boss is a bitch, and is going to cancel my ARC, trying to screw me in the process.
So, my question is: is there anyway possible for me to go back to a visitor visa (multiple entries) if I leave the country and apply?? I’d rather not have an ARC.
any insight would be great…
thanx

Unfortunately, when you leave your job, your ARC, which was arranged by the school (I can only assume), will become null and void.

As long as they don’t do anything other than cancel your ARC (like blacklist you), you should have no problem applying for a visitor’s visa from outside the country.

When you leave your work permit hence resident visa hence ARC will be cancelled.

Provided that you give the 35 days notice you will not face a blacklisting. Do it in writing so that you have a record.

You can then apply for and come back in on a visitors visa and start the process again.

Thanks guys…
Just curious if anyone knows if I can get a multiple entries visa from Thailand, or if I’d need to go back to Canada?

[quote=“renee-ney”]Thanks guys…
Just curious if anyone knows if I can get a multiple entries visa from Thailand, or if I’d need to go back to Canada?[/quote]

Hi renee-ey,

Theoretically, yes, any TECO office can issue multiple-entry visas. Whether they want to or not is a different matter. You should be prepared with a good story and supporting documentation.

GL,