Leaving Sunny Formosa

Some of you know and others may have heard, I am leaving sunny Formosa as of today. Its all been a bit short notice but doesn’t involve drugs or other criminal activities (although that might have been fun).

After a bit of pressure from myself, my employers have agreed to send me to Shanghai to try out my new found Mandarin skills and to run one of our China businesses. Its a bit opportunity and I am very excited but will miss you guys terribly.

On the plus side I will be back from time to time, with a Taiwanese wife I obviously have family commitments here and will try to time the odd trip to coincide with Happy hour.

For those that are interested we finally went live with the new website design yesterday, not 100% perfect in terms of me having not done all the archive change over etc but time pressures should be obvious. You can have a look at www.ideas2earn.com and feel free to congratulate Tash if you like it or berate me if you don’t.

Take care all of you and keep looking for the positives in Taiwan, there are plenty there if you keep looking.

Brad.

[color=green]Title changed by mod from “The Rumours are True! Damn it” – DB[/color]

Good luck. It was nice to meet you. Hope it’s great!

Damn it man, I never got to meet you.
Good luck in China though! Maybe still bump into you here some day.

Wow Brad, too bad we haven’t caught up much recently.

All the very best in Shanghai, and do keep a finger in the pie here at f.com.

You damn foreigners are all the same - stay in town long enough to grab yourself one of our women and then steal her away to strange lands.

Good luck in Red China, mate.

[quote=“Truant”]Wow Brad, too bad we haven’t caught up much recently.

All the very best in Shanghai, and do keep a finger in the pie here at f.com.[/quote]

Just not the Belgian Pie.

Stop blubbering, you wimps. I say good riddance!

Thanks guys, I will be back more than the likes of say Tom Hill and co. :laughing:

tash :-p

God, you’re a hard woman.

Half the people I know seem to be moving to ShangHai. They all say it’s shit and horrible, but they’re going anyway. Wonder why? I’ve never been, I get all my info from historical soaps and it looks good on those. ‘Ye ShangHai, Yeee ShangHai’!

God, you’re a hard woman.

Half the people I know seem to be moving to ShangHai. They all say it’s shit and horrible, but they’re going anyway. Wonder why? I’ve never been, I get all my info from historical soaps and it looks good on those. ‘Ye ShangHai, Yeee ShangHai’![/quote]
OMG, I just realized… EA and LL will be in the same city now!!! :astonished:
Just imagine the catastrophic consequences of that collision (unintentional alliteration there, sorry)

Best of luck with your “bit opportunity”, mate! :slight_smile:

There was some enthusiastic talk a while ago about a f.com pseudo HH in Hongkong. Now it could be a f.com ROADTRIP to Shanghai via Hongkong. :ponder:

Dammit, indeed. B, you will be missed! :frowning:

Best of luck in Shanghai, EA, and with your business ventures.

Dear B,

You will be sorely missed at the entrepreneurship gatherings.

I wish you all the best in Shanghai, and look forward to get you to buy me beer in a bar there, when I am there next time.

Too bad didn’t get a chance to meet up with you. Best of luck to you over there Edgar Allen.

Good luck EA. I did get to meet you and am glad I did. :slight_smile:

Albeit we only met for under 2 minutes at least I can say I met you! Best of luck to you in Shanghai.

P.S. Borat was hilarious in a disgusting, obnoxious way…

Haven’t had the opportunity to meet you yet, but may perhaps have that opportunity sometime in the future. Until then, best of luck in Shanghai.

Wierd, I just lost a student whose entire family moved to Shanghai 'cos her dad works there now… :frowning:
Is it just me, or does everyone seem to be leaving of late?

In the last year I had a friend who was/is married and her husband took a job in Shanghai. They moved there and she absolutely hated it.
Shes Taiwanese and she was sickened by the pollution and crowded living.
She’s been back for about 4 months. When I ask here if her husband is still there she just rolls her eyes and looks away.
I have no idea if shes still married. I think the Shanghai deal was the one that broke the camels back.