Leaving Sunny Formosa

Good luck there Brad!
Your generosity at HH’s will be missed!

[quote=“Josefus”]Good luck there XXXX
Your generosity at HH’s will be missed![/quote]

Posting real names is a no-no.

My fav story with Edgar Allen involves a lot of beer, the combat zone, and some Phillipina sex karaoke workers. But you really had to be there.

All the best, Brad. I’ll keep an eye on those Charlton games for ye. If you’re getting a bit nervous :wink:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]In the last year I had a friend who was/is married and her husband took a job in Shanghai. They moved there and she absolutely hated it.
Shes Taiwanese and she was sickened by the pollution and crowded living.
She’s been back for about 4 months. When I ask here if her husband is still there she just rolls her eyes and looks away.
I have no idea if shes still married. I think the Shanghai deal was the one that broke the camels back.[/quote]

My gf is Taiwanese and the hate she has to the chinese is scearing :noway:
When we went to hong kong during chinese new year it was some chinese turists there and she right away made coments about how ugly they where.

She:They are chinese
Me: How can you tell
She:They are so ugly
Me:So how do you know they are chinese
She:I reconize there dialect
Me:OK

Good luck in Shanghai, EA, with the new job and keep the web site going. I really get inspired by it.

Hahaha! Good one, Edgar Allen. I can’t believe that people are actually falling for it. You British guys and your irony.

See you at the Happy Hour on Thursday. :wink:

[quote=“superking”][quote=“Josefus”]Good luck there XXXX
Your generosity at HH’s will be missed![/quote]

Posting real names is a no-no.[/quote]

He said his name in the first post. :raspberry:

Erhu, you really do have an evil sense of humour. I’m in HK now, tomorrow is China Visa day.

Many thanks again to all of you for the good wishes. I’m not prcious about my real name being out there as you can all get it from the website or blog anyway.

For the record my Taiwanese wife has lived abroad before and is open to living/working in Shanghai (which she has also visited before) so I think the usual cultural issues are out of the window. Being apart this early after the wedding for the next few weeks will be tough though.

HGC if you read this in time drop me a PM would be good to get a soft drink tomorrow night if you have time?

Note: This is almost my longest ever thread, is that what it takes to get popular? Leave? I feel like my namesake!

Welcome to Greater Forumosa.

Do tell us if you’ll be stopping in the Big Lychee

EA.

I’m around but not really. Just back in from Taipei and supposed to be hooking uo with someone tonight who I haven;t seen in over ten years. Then there is work,. Urrrggghh!!

PM’d you my phone stuff as you did suggest tomorrow could be on the cards.

Elegua, what’s the big lychee, HK? Winkee pops?

HG

EA, you will find yourself in Shanghai and still reading Forumosa, just like me. No Shanghai related forum is comparable to Forumosa. Anyway, good luck and send me a pm if you need a tip about Shanghai, I’m here a while already…

I hope all’ll go well for you in Shanghai, EA.

And I’ll be glad to see Charlton avoid the drop, as long as they don’t nick three points off Spurs at The Valley on May 7th.

Good Luck. Nice meeting you. Say hello to Lord Lucan.

BroonAdios

Aha, twice today I have been told to look up Lord Lucan so I fear it will be done. Didn’t he disappear sometime in the 70s after killing his wife and kid?

Welcome to the Jungle.

(If you need a nanny or anything, drop me a line :wink:)

Best of luckman. And don’t forget to feed the Mrs. lots of soup to help her ease the transition. :laughing:

EA.

I’m around but not really. Just back in from Taipei and supposed to be hooking uo with someone tonight who I haven;t seen in over ten years. Then there is work,. Urrrggghh!!

PM’d you my phone stuff as you did suggest tomorrow could be on the cards.

Elegua, what’s the big lychee, HK? Winkee pops?

HG[/quote]

It is our delightful hometown. Home of Sir Donald Duck.

Damn I only just heard…

Good luck Mr… You’ll deffo be missed… don’t be a stranger…