Leaving taiwan due to emergency

Hello guys. Good Morning.
I am new to this site and was referred by my friend to join here since a lot may able to help me with my queries.

I need to go back urgently to PH due to family crisis/ sudden death of a family member. i have booked a flight already but I havent got a re entry yet.

Am i able to go back without the re entry on my passport? Just only do have my passport, vaccine card, one health pass, and my plane ticket (round trip)

if ever, could I just process back on our country?
my flight is within this week so any suggestion would be appreciated. TIA!

Have you contacted the Assistance to Nationals officers at MECO already? I am not sure your issue is something they directly handle (usually it’s things like talking to the police or sending remains back home), but it’s reasonable to expect them to refer you to agencies – and specific people in MECO – who you should be talking to – maybe at Labor Affairs or whoever interacts with Taiwan’s Bureau of Consular Affairs (BOCA is ultimately responsible for Taiwan visas, right?)

ATN is supposed to be accessible 24/7 for emergencies, too. You might get a quicker response via their Facebook Page and FB Messenger Chat

https://www.meco.org.tw/services/assistance-to-nationals

Taipei Phone: (886) 2-2658-8825

Check the bottom of the MECO website for the numbers to their offices in Kaohsiung and Taichung if those cities are more relevant to you. Or consider calling all of them if you aren’t getting the kind of response you feel you deserve (remember to take names so you can send them to the ambassador later on when you complain)

TECO Manila can be difficult to navigate, especially if they don’t know you. I don’t know what it’s like in more recent years, but my personal experience with them as someone applying for travel documents was not great. I did visit them once when I was working at CETRA (a Taiwan govt quasi-agency) and asked to see their library. It was a much warmer welcome, and I realized that the economics library (quiet, no visitors) was a nice place to wait for my number to be called when applying for a visa instead of the crowded waiting area. This was years ago and since I have been a permanent resident for a long time, I have no need to visit TECO Manila

So I would not expect TECO Manila to make things any easier getting a visa to re-enter Taiwan after you have dealt with your crisis. I hope I am completely wrong about this.

Instead of TECO Manila, check if MECO in Taiwan can help. Their office in Manila is in the Trafalgar Plaza building, the opposite end of Salcedo Village from TECO in RCBC Tower

2 Likes

Hello there gooseegg. Thank you for your reply. I am reaching with meco right now. However,my booked flight is already this coming wednesday. I know it might be difficult to process my re entry visa if I leave the country and I understand that. My priority now is to go back to my country and attend the family matters. Im just worrying If the immigration will pull me off because I didnt have a re entry visa. :sob::sob::sob:

hello. just an update. I get to go home without any issue. now going back maybe a problem but its fine. I can just continue working here for a while. What’s important is that I get to be present with my family even something tragic happened already.
thank you very much for your advices. I Trully appreciate it. I guess I have to say for now, Thank you Taiwan for all the memories. Happy or Bad, still greatful for the experience you’ve brought to me.
Thank you! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :sob: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

Do you mean you will start over as far as your Taiwan visa is concerned?

You have the right attitude. I hope you and your family are able to heal over this Christmas season at home. Take care

3 Likes