Lecture by Israeli representative to Taiwan cancelled by National Tsing Hua University

If Taiwan fought like Israel, the KMT would be ruling in Beijing.

Caroline Glick (illegal West Bank settler) is suggesting Iran may be behind this. She said this extends to “Taipei.”

1 Like

I just got back from the A15 action here this morning in Taipei:

For whatever reason, it was organized today (the 16th) and not yesterday (the 15th). It was a symbolic blockade of the Legislative Yuan, not a real blockade. The activists were mostly very polite older Taiwanese (as you can see in the picture). The speeches given were mostly against the current genocide in Gaza, against Israel’s theft of Palestinian land in the West Bank, Israel’s military occupation of Gaza & West Bank, and Taiwan’s material and diplomatic support of Israel. Though, my Mandarin is not perfect, I didn’t catch everything.

I can only speak for myself, but based on what I experienced today, I think some of Caroline Glick’s assertions are not true:

1. organized of Islamist, progressive anti-Israel activists

I dont know what “Islamist” means, but I didn’t see or hear any “anti-Israel” sentiment. There was only one none-white foreigner there (that I saw), and he is actually from Gaza. As for “Progressive”, maybe I don’t know.

1. planning on blockading ports and other infrastructure in order to paralyzing the international economy on behalf of Hamas

Yes, that’s the explicit stated goal of A15 actions, but I didn’t see anything to do with Hamas at this particular action. People there seemed to be against the Israeli Defense Forces killing Palestinians, and don’t want the Taiwanese goverment to support the killings in any way (the Lai administration donated NT$15.9 million to Israel last month, among other things). You can see that much via their signs. I didn’t see any sign mentioning Hamas, or hear anyone mention Hamas in a speech.

1. in order to make the nations of the world pay a price for the existence of Israel because Israel shouldn’t exist

“In order to make the nations of the world pay a price” yes this stated goal on the A15 website, but I’m not sure if this objective was confirmed at the Taipei protest this morning. People were speaking and holding signs about Israel’s mass killing of Palestinians and the Lai government’s support of the killings. There was some acknowledgement of the A15 agenda, but the blockade aspect didn’t seem to be emphasized very much, despite being a “symbolic blockade”. And as far as I was able to understand, nobody at this action talked about or held signs mentioning anything for or against the “existence of Israel”.

Anti-DPP, so I am guessing very Mainlander left in nature.