Lefttube / Breadtube General Thread

This is Clive Hamilton, if anyone wants to do anymore eye-rolling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Hamilton

Awesome, be asleep while China infiltrates and subverts democratic countries and global institutions.

2 Likes

Clive Charles Hamilton (born 12 March 1953) is an Australian public intellectual and Professor of Public Ethics…

1 Like

Useful Idiots

1 Like

okay, nobody is arguing governments don’t export soft power or conduct operations that cast their systems favorably in the eyes of enemy public.

but how is this related to lefttube?

1 Like

um … I’m pretty sure nobody today describes the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki as necessary. At the time, given the information they had, it appeared to be a valid military strategy. It appeared likely that it would bring a swift end to the war. And it did.

A whole lot of stuff looks different in hindsight. IMO history will judge the COVID-19 reaction to be one of the most evil things that humanity did in the 21st century. Assming, of course, China doesn’t start WW3.

I think its quite clear, Finley brought up the possibility of something like this being infiltrated by Chinese United Front. If there is a possibility of it being infiltrated, it probably is as traditionally the two areas where Chinese subversion tactic has been extremely successful is with overseas Chinese communities and leftists groups and media.

they do way more than that though. They arent trying to push ideology as much as look for sympathizers to help them realize political goals, no matter if they are economic, political, thieving IP or just sewing seeds of chaos.

possibility doing a lot of work in this sentence. maybe i don’t know, check out a few videos yourself and then make up your mind? just a suggestion.

untrue, this is a commonly held misconception by many americans to this day. the citites were bombed to save american lives in an invasion. i suggest checking out the video, it addresses all of the things you are talking about.

1 Like

Just saying, be careful what you watch.

noted, gee thanks

I will do. I’ll have a proper browse around when I have time. Thanks for bringing it up - I don’t think I would have ever even heard of it otherwise.

1 Like

said the country who has done over fifty LITERAL coups since the beginning of the cold war.

Which country?

are you familiar with an american agency called the CIA?

:+1:

Nobody is denying CIA shenanigans. The total number of CIA interventions, IIRC, is about 80-90. The only point here is that the CCP have a media machine which dwarfs anything the CIA had at the height of their powers, and it is very, very good at what it does. Anti-establishment types in enemy countries are their primary targets. You might be watching ordinary people making some social commentary, or you might be watching CCP shills saying what they’re paid to say. Traitors, in other words.

2 Likes

Im not American and I mentioned the CIA already. Both sides do this, im pretty certain the CIA would have reached out to the Hong Kong protestors at some point.

But you are just supporting my point, we know that the CCP do it, not just because we have evidence, but because the US does the same thing as well. The CCP has a way bigger state apparatus and more opaque one at that. There is little chance of exposure or a scandal in China because of acts of this type of malevolence.

Why do you think that China keeps its internet under a great firewall and keeps tabs on all foreigners in the country? Because they are trying to prevent the US being able to commit the same acts that they do reguarly.

1 Like