Legal Scooter tuning

What is legal? ( Green zone)
What i can do? (grey zone)
What is Forbidden? (red zone)
Where i can get the law? (english - Chinese) (internet - Bookstore)

So I was think about what i can spend my scooter.
I whould love have some better acceleration and better breaks and tires ( Import from germany Michilin intermided (all weather) version)
Im always unhappy about the red lights in taiwan too much at places signals are useless at all and block all the traffic and instead of a green wave they have drive allow speed and you hit every red light i hATE that.
so i like give my scooter a speed kit.

As information is a kymco esay 100. ( not even my scooter) :slight_smile:

So if somebody have some information for me i whould love to hear.

Thank you all in advance

Denis Theinert

[quote=“denistheinert”]What is legal? ( Green zone)
What I can do? (grey zone)
What is Forbidden? (red zone)
Where I can get the law? (English - Chinese) (internet - Bookstore)

So I was think about what I can spend my scooter.
I whould love have some better acceleration and better breaks and tires ( Import from Germany Michilin intermided (all weather) version)
Im always unhappy about the red lights in taiwan too much at places signals are useless at all and block all the traffic and instead of a green wave they have drive allow speed and you hit every red light I hate that.
so I like give my scooter a speed kit.

As information is a kymco esay 100. ( not even my scooter) :slight_smile:

So if somebody have some information for me i whould love to hear.

Thank you all in advance

Denis Theinert[/quote]

Denis, I believe that the actual written law is somewhat vague and just says something like “substantial modifications to vehicles are illegal”. Perhaps Ironlady, who is currently translating some vehicle-related laws into English, could provide more information.

This means that most modifications, even down to stuff like changing the headlight colour, are illegal. At least, people have been stopped by the police for having non-stock blue tinted headlights, and have been asked to change them.

But I haven’t heard of anyone being stopped for having decent tyres or for having fitted a braided steel brakeline, for example. And it is been suggested previously on this forum that changing the transmission rollers for lighter ones, thus improving acceleration, is not illegal.

Ultimately, I can’t provide any more concrete information than that contained in the disclaimer at the top of the Vroom, vroom forum:
Forumosa.com, its administrators and moderators do not take any legal responsibility for what is discussed on the site. Please be aware that performing some kinds of mechanical modifications on vehicles may render them illegal for use on public roads”