Legal Status to buy a scooter

Taiwanease.com search function being out of order, I turn to these grounds for a question on scooter ownership: What has to be your legal status to buy a scooter?

I understand most of you have ARCs and bought your scooters using it, but for those of us who don’t, is there anyway to get riding?
I have been advised by a couple of friends that it is possible with a 60 days extendable visa, but would like to double check this info before taking it to the DMV.

Any clue?

[quote=“Ed en Vadrouille”]Taiwanease.com search function being out of order, I turn to these grounds for a question on scooter ownership: What has to be your legal status to buy a scooter?

I understand most of you have ARCs and bought your scooters using it, but for those of us who don’t, is there anyway to get riding?
I have been advised by a couple of friends that it is possible with a 60 days extendable visa, but would like to double check this info before taking it to the DMV.

Any clue?[/quote]

I don’t know about the 60 days extendable visa, but I was under the impression that you couldn’t get a legal scoot without an ARC. You can always have a friend buy it for you, once you get your ARC you can change the ownership to you. Good luck!

My understanding is that one cannot hold legal title to any personal property that requires title, even a scoot, in the 'wan without an ARC or better.