Legalities of foreign-owned buxiban; up-to-date and accurate info needed

After the very positive and helpful responses I received to my other posts;
forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=10935&highlight=
I want to take my planning a little further. Although any school opening will still be several years down the road, I want to check my legal position regarding a number of areas. I have read through the posts on the legal forums more than once but cannot find full, up-to-date information. I also read
forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=8 … reignowned
a number of times.

Contributions from those who are doing it already such as DB, Bassman and others would be especially welcomed.

I want to be able to own my own buxiban business, possibly owning the property as well. I would much prefer that everything were in my name as I think that any possible future Taiwanese marital partner and I should remain fairly financially independent. How possible is this?

I assume that buxiban owners who have posted here get their ARCs through marriage. So does this mean that they act as ‘sole traders’ and that their companies are not partnerships in any way? If I were in this situation, would I have any legal protection of my business and any property if I subsequently divorced? What if I never got married? Could there foreseeably be some way to get myself an ARC through having the company registered abroad? (Would there be any advantages to doing this in any case?)
How about with an APRC/OWP? Would it be possible to be a sole trader in that case?

Other possible pitfalls;
Could the named banzhuren cause any legal problems if he/she wanted?

If I did eventually decide to buy premises, would the limitations on use mentioned here;
forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=93488
prevent me from operating the buxiban there?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[quote=“Mr Reasonably Anonymous”]
I want to be able to own my own buxiban business, possibly owning the property as well. I would much prefer that everything were in my name as I think that any possible future Taiwanese marital partner and I should remain fairly financially independent. How possible is this?[/quote]

my friend is doing it in his name now. his license should “come down” this week. don’t know about the property issues.

No.