Legality of freelancing online part time with ARC?

Hey,
I’m working full time as an English teacher however i’m really interested in working on websites such as Upwork and Fiver, just small graphic design jobs which I have experience that will get me some more experience in the industry.

These jobs would get me probably only around $100 a month if i’m lucky. I just really want to get my portfollio going and start some jobs but with an ARC, i’m wondering what the legality of this would be?

Technically illegal but likelihood of being punished is quite low.

1 Like

No one will notice so :zipper_mouth_face:.

The difficult part will be getting accepted on Upwork. The company has a ton of freelancers compared to jobs, so they’re limiting the number of freelancers they are accepting.

Plus, Upwork now charges (not a lot) for people to apply for jobs. It’s not a lot but it can add up.

Mod’s note: post edited – we do not condone or promote anything illegal here.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I really don’t mind paying any tax, I just don’t want any hassle with this.

I’m also wondering whether it’s better to transfer the funds into my Australian bank account instead of my Taiwanese one.

Yea another guy told me about upwork and their criteria became really tough. Also your account gets locked if you are too long between jobs.

I’ve actually had an account on there for around 2 years but it just hasn’t been used yet still fully functional