Legislative Yuan under attack...again

Me and my big mouth. I need a friggin helicopter to get outta here as they have closed roads all around… Four blocks to the left and four to the right covered in a barb wire maze.

Yikes. That area in Taipei City is a mess. I tried to catch a bus around there earlier today–impossible! Thank goodness I found a youbike station. Otherwise how are we expected to get out?

Guy

Walk. A lot. And carefully.

16 cops hurt and a handful of reporters beaten by “protesters”. Most identified already.

Cherry on top was Ma meeting with top cop, taking this school album picture, smiling like nothing is happening outside.

Lovely weather…for a brawl.
Video here:

Taipei, April 25 (CNA) Police arrested 63 people in Taipei on Wednesday for disorderly conduct during a protest against the government’s planned military pension reform.

The protesters from the veterans group “800 Warriors” had gathered peacefully in the morning outside the Legislature while the Foreign Affairs and National Defense Committee was holding a public hearing on the reform proposal.

Around 3 p.m., however, clashes with police in the area erupted as the protesters tried to tear down the police barricade to enter the Legislature building.

Some protesters threw bottles, plastic chairs, sticks, stones and smoke bombs, which resulted in injury to 32 police officers and 11 reporters, according to information released by Cabinet spokesman Hsu Kuo-yung (徐國勇).

They -the protesters- beat the reporters without discrimination, TVBS, Formosa, SET, … heck, they went to pick a fight with the satellite trucks crews, WTH!?

When their leaders where asked on the news why they hit teh reporters they replied: “we do not know”.

As far as I can see, the troublemakers are not pensioners per se, but younger folk who took their colors and are stirring the pot.

They brought chains and cable cutters and ladders and… pepper spray?! Now the running whisper is next wave they are bringing the molotovs.

Nobody unfurled the five star flag at this particular protest, but word is those f*ckers had a part in it.

While the PLA flew a sortie around Taiwan this morning and issued a press release that said: “Treasure Island is safely in the hands of the motherland, and the motherland is in our hearts.”

:face_vomiting:

Hang in there, Ike! :heart:

keep%20calm%20and%20love%20cats

2 Likes

Loving the roasting the protesters are getting. For me, they really crossed the line disrupting work at the children’s hospital. But aside from exposing China’s role in fueling the unrest, now with numbers in hand, even the blue press is questioning: if only 52% of retirees are affected, and it is just a few thousand bucks, what is the real reason for trying to take over the Legislature? Why the violence?