Lego!

The last post regarding this topic is really old, so I’ll open a new one!

Apart from Toys R Us, is there any big retailer of Lego sets in Taiwan? Looks like my local (small) Toys R Us is not stocking up the Castle series ;_;

There are some lego stores that only sell lego sets, have customized minifigures, and have workshop hours teaching kids to create their own things. Although such stores are often only found in bigger cities also. Which city are you at? There’s one in Hsinchu…

I live in the middle of nowhere in Yilan, surrounded by rice fields x_x
The closes Toys R Us is in Yilan city and it’s really small…

Do you have an address or website for those Lego stores?

Do you have an address or website for those Lego stores?[/quote]

I found this odd google map about all the places that sell legos
google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi … Y&hl=zh_TW

There seems to be 3 in Luodong, Yilan.

佳奇玩具
265台灣宜蘭縣羅東鎮興東路199號

華泰玩具羅東店
宜蘭縣羅東鎮公園路75號

土爹玩具
宜蘭縣羅東鎮站前南路197號

the last one has a online store:
tw.bid.yahoo.com/tw/show/auctio … 3613143319

Do you have an address or website for those Lego stores?[/quote]

I found this odd google map about all the places that sell legos
google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi … Y&hl=zh_TW

There seems to be 3 in Luodong, Yilan.

佳奇玩具
265台灣宜蘭縣羅東鎮興東路199號

華泰玩具羅東店
宜蘭縣羅東鎮公園路75號

土爹玩具
宜蘭縣羅東鎮站前南路197號

the last one has a online store:
tw.bid.yahoo.com/tw/show/auctio … 3613143319[/quote]

Thanks for the help! I know 2 of those stores and they’re really small, they have similar selection to Toys R Us. The third one I cannot find it on the map using street view, and their online store has the same stock as Toys R Us in Yilan city. They all lack the Castle collection >_<
On Ruten it’s easy to find what I’m looking for, but I’d prefer to have the option to pay by credit card.

The struggle is real!

What about those stores under Taipei main station? There’s some that sell anime stuff in that area. Maybe there might be a store that sells legos.

I stumbled into one of these stores in Xi Men Ding. Had a pretty good selection, but couldn’t tell you if they had the castle series. I know you’re in Yilan, but just thought I’d throw out a possible option for ya.

For stores in Taipei I’ll probably try to setup a tactical map for my next trip there. I know Taipei is not very far from Yilan, but I don’t often go there xD

Toys R Us here in Yilan (and on their online catalog) has a good selection for Lego City, but it’s lacking Castle, Pirates and Technics.
On Ruten there are many sellers who have basically every Lego set available, but when I went to the larger Toys R Us in Taichung months ago they definitely had the large Lego Castle.

If anyone lives close to a large TRU and had the chance to check or ask the store it would help me a lot :slight_smile:

Yesterday my trip to one of the small stores in Luodong was a failure, no luck with Castle sets. Sadness filled my heart and I went back home.

I’ve seen lego in some of the main station stores. In that area that sells anime stuff. There’s real lego and then there’s also the fake lego there. More fake than real but I’ve seen some of the real deal knocking about.

If you don’t mind travelling to Taipei, there is a Lego shop in the Taipei Expo building “complex” by Yuanshan station.

It’s not massive, but you can pick your own bricks.

Or if you’re inclined, spend the day in there building things then buy them at the end at a ‘per brick’ price :slight_smile: (yes, I’m guilty of that, haha)

google.co.uk/maps/@25.06954 … .46z?hl=en

[quote=“monokuro”]If you don’t mind travelling to Taipei, there is a Lego shop in the Taipei Expo building “complex” by Yuanshan station.

It’s not massive, but you can pick your own bricks.

Or if you’re inclined, spend the day in there building things then buy them at the end at a ‘per brick’ price :slight_smile: (yes, I’m guilty of that, haha)

google.co.uk/maps/@25.06954 … .46z?hl=en[/quote]

I’ve never been to that building! I’ll definitely have a trip there next time. I usually arrive in Taipei from NanGang.

After a bit of research on Bricklink, RUten, Facebook groups I’ve managed to find a decent amount of Lego stores, but I still cannot find any with the Castle sets available online… oh, the humanity.

For online buying, BrickLink lets you select the seller’s location (e.g. Taiwan), the series (e.g. Castle) and type (e.g. sets), which brings this up:
bricklink.com/search.asp?vie … rt=P&sz=25 You can search with part or set numbers too. And it doesn’t cost much to have a set mailed from elsewhere in Asia, just FYI.

I seem to recall there only being small selections of castle stuff (e.g. 1 to 3 of the smallest sets) at the Tianmu Lego store (1 block west of the Tianmu Rd circle, north side, 2nd floor with exterior staircase with Lego items on it, Neihu Carrefour ToysRUs (5F?), Maji Square (Zhongshan N. Rd.) and CityLink mall stores. Same with pirate stuff. Big sets are too pricy for many, I guess. The Maji Square has a big bin of used Lego you can pick through and buy at $2NT/gram, and has a tiny PickABrick selection at double that, plus mix and match figurines (you find legs, torso head and hat) for $100, and you can buy up to 2 weapons or accessories to go with each, for $10 each, so you can set yourself up with some footsoldiers with helmets and halberds, for instance.

If you have a particular set number, let me know and I can have a look next time I’m at one of these, but it might be a month or more before I go.

I have plans to order pieces from bricklink to build some custom stuff, but for the moment I’d like to get my hands on the regular castle sets from 2013:

There’s rumored to be a 2016 collection incoming, and I’d like to get the older set first. This afternoon after work I’ll visit another local store to see if they have something available, but it’s a small place and I don’t have much faith in that.

I’ll have a look for ya. Anyway, 70401 Gold Getaway is available on BrickLink in Taiwan (only one copy, might want to run for that). And a red dragon similar to the Castle set one is available online and at the abovementioned ToysRUS.

I’ve contacted my local Toys R Us, they’ll help me to check if other stores still have stock and in case they can ship it here.

Today I had a look at the latest Lego catalog for Taiwan, it has everything BUT Castle ;______;

I’ll give a few updates, so that if someone else is looking for Lego this thread could be useful.

Within a few days I’ve managed to order all the Castle sets from 2013, some of them in multiple boxes.

Purchases came from:

a) Ruten: some sellers have their contact details on their store and where happy to send me stuff Cash On Delivery outside of Ruten. I’ve then asked a coworker to help with some of the sellers that could only sell directly through Ruten.

b) Bricklink: the cool thing about BL is that most sellers will accept payment by credit card on Paypal, which is doable even without a Paypal account. In Taiwan there’s not a huge selection, but I was lucky enough to find a couple boxes that I was looking for from a local seller who was also very fast.

c) Facebook: by simply typing “Lego” or “樂高” in the search options, I found many stores. I’ve not had much luck in terms of stock because most stores tend to only carry the latest sets, only one of them had what I was looking for but it’s an easy way to find more contacts.

d) Toy world + Toys R Us have a huge selection, but like the Facebook stores they tend to have only recent sets.

e) Random toy stores: a gold mine! To be honest, I’ve not found any sets of the Castle line, but in some stores I found really old sets that would be great for someone who’s hunting for good deals. Old Super Heroes sets, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean (lol)…I’ve really seen a lot of interesting stuff.

Whenever my son sees a Lego set that he really wants at Toys R Us or FunBox, I ask him to wait for me to check if it’s available at BidBuy4U on Ruten1. Then we compare the prices (BB4U is often 15% to 20% less expensive). We plan a trip to the BB4U store near Shihta across from there Grandma Nitti’s used to be.

BidBuy4U has changed a lot over the past 5 years. It used to be 2 stores on the same street and then it has retrenched to one. It recently renovated again and is even smaller. But it still has a great selection compared to the regular toy retailers in Taiwan and regionally (it’s osten 20% to 25% cheaper than what is available in Manila), and if it isn’t in their store, I am confident I can order it online from their Ruten links

1. I type in “Lego XXXXX” into the search bar in Ruten and a listing from BidBuy4U usually comes up
1 Like

Thanks for that! Found their website, https://www.bidbuy4u.com.tw/ , what’s really nice is they also sell individual parts which can come in handy!

1 Like

So I think Taipei is now getting a big “official” Lego store, in the Xinyi Mitsukoshi / 新光三越 stores. It’s a “Lego Certified Store”, and I’m not sure what precisely that means.

3 Likes