Lesbian Hang-outs in Taipei?

Where are they???

I know of a few clubs (like Taboo) but it’s really noisy and not conducive to socializing (just dancing) and I’m looking for some bars where people regularly go, so I can get to know people slowly and get involved in the community, rather than just meet a few people here and there.

Some of the girls I’ve talked to so far have told me there is no tight lesbian community, and everyone is very closeted. I agree that for the most part, this is probably true, but I think it’s possible I’ve just been asking anti-social girls so far and there MUST be a small community out there that I’m just not aware of.

The gay men’s community seems to be very active, with the red house bar area in Ximending. But there are no (last I was there) lesbian bars.

Also, there are some bars that some people have told me are gay bars, but when i go there, there don’t seem to be any gay people (except the owners) so it doesn’t seem like much of a gay bar. What about a very active gay bar, with lotsa lesbians?

If it is true that there is really not a community, I think we should organize one! I know for a fact that there are a lot of frustrated foreign lesbians here in Taiwan looking for a community… We should unite!! lol

Any suggestions on where some good bars are would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you checked out shi da? I’m sure there’s some lesbian friendly bars in that area, off shi da rd.

See this post, which lists Taipei places and info sources as well as ones for other cities.

Yes, this is because going to a lesbian bar to look at the lesbians is a popular spectator sport among some Taiwanese and Japanese. I have had several practically beg me to take them. They all claimed to be heterosexual, but maybe they were closeted. Or just curious. Anyway, it sometimes then happens that the bar is full of spectators, all thinking the others are real lesbians.

I just arrived in Taiwan and I’m not familiar with the areas further off from Shida and Gongguan. So I’d like to know if there are any lesbian hang-outs near the Shida or Gongguan areas. Coffee shops, night clubs, pubs, etc? I’m just open to meeting new people and making new friends.

Furthermore, is the lesbian community here tolerant of new faces coming in into their haunts? I wouldn’t want to be chased away if they’re territorial and all.

Or if you guys know of any exceptionally cool place that’s not in the aforementioned 2 areas, please feel free to post it as well. Might be worth a visit.

Thanks a lot!

don’t know if this helps but the pride parade will be held at the end of this month and you can definitely make friends, snoop for info, join groups (a lot of different ones) and mingle with single Ps there… :wink:

(and there are mostly handsome men replying in this forum and might not know the answer…)

[quote=“bigbeauties”]don’t know if this helps but the pride parade will be held at the end of this month and you can definitely make friends, snoop for info, join groups (a lot of different ones) and mingle with single Ps there… :wink:

(and there are mostly [strike]handsome[/strike] ageing men replying in this forum and might not know the answer…)[/quote]

The Jailhouse is at Gongguan. The owner is a sweetheart and she speaks English. Esha (sp) and Taboo are also worth checking out. Taichung has a lot more ladies’ bars.

Hi Jenny, thanks for your reply! Where is Jailhouse located in Gongguan? Is it a club or a bar? Also yeah, I saw Esha and Taboo mentioned in some online articles, but are they quite far from Shida?

Do you go to those spots, too? How would you describe the crowd? Are they warm and welcoming or do they tend to leave you alone?

Thanks a lot. I really am kinda lost here.

I’ll PM you.

Jenny, I’ve been having trouble with my PM function lately. Nothing I send out seems to get through. Would email be better? Send me a PM.

hi
Taboo is in Jianguo road…you can’t walk there from Shida, but it’s not far. Esha closed down. There used to be a little lesbian coffeeshop right in the middle of Shida…if you’re walk past Hang Ten away from the MRT, it was in one of the alleys …on the left hand side of the alley, but i haven’t been there in AGES or know the name. So not much help.

Peacock (across from Grandma Nittis) and Salt and Peanuts have a lesbian owner, and SnP has an art exhibition…pretty cool. Then in Gonguan you have gay and lesbian stores…

Start through Facebook…I will place a couple of links. I’m also going to Taboo on Saturday night if you want to come with.

facebook.com/profile.php?id= … 714?v=wall

thats loveboat, the store that sells DVDs, stickers…binders( I HATE THOSE:(() etc

facebook.com/profile.php?id= … 739?v=wall

that’s Taboo.

And Lezsmeeting is a group of girls that have parties.

facebook.com/profile.php?id= … 316&v=wall

:laughing:

I hope we can have a lesbian happy hour sometime. We had a gay one already.

Yes, please.

Ideally, it would be at a venue with a balcony for Doc and me to look down on the action. :neutral:

Hey! :bluemad: How come I wasn’t invited to the gay happy hour? (redundant?)

Lezsmeeting’s most recent party…next one is 12/31.

you can see my shoes:)
youtube.com/user/lezsmeeting … 5GVPCYbF88

[quote=“Battery9”]Lezsmeeting’s most recent party…next one is 12/31.

you can see my shoes:)
youtube.com/user/lezsmeeting … 5GVPCYbF88[/quote]
Awesome.

Totally!

I challenge anyone to listen to the first 20 seconds of that clip without dancin’ their ass off. I tried; it’s impossible.

Is there an extended version where the clothes come off? Cuz this looks like that kind of party. :neutral:

That chick at 30 seconds really looks like a dude.

Where’s your ass now? I watched but my ass didn’t fall off. I couldn’t see any shoes. Perhaps I didn’t watch long enough.

hahaha That’s Manchuker AP…he performed a couple of shows. The little drummer person with the moustache is a girl:D