Lesbian Hang-outs in Taipei?

Yeah, mountains are tricky like that. Well, let me know if you feel like venturing out, I’d love to go Saturday.

ok calling all lesbiansssssss, a bunch of us are heading out to Taboo tonight. Drop by and say hi

damn it! i wish i’d seen this sooner!

Hi everyone,

Is Taboo still the place to go, especially on a Saturday? Might wanna drop by some time next week, or a week later when my girlfriend is coming to visit.

I used to live in Shanghai, where I went mostly to gay bars that attracted a foreign audience. Would like to explore both in Taiwan, so any tips or advice are welcome!

yup. Taboo is still the place to go. Lesbian-wise.

Thanks! How about this place called The Jailhouse I found on Utopia? Is it closed?

And Taboo mostly on Saturday?

I don’t know if it has closed or not, but I wouldn’t put my foot in that place again. I don’t drink alcohol when I go out, and I had to pay NT300 to just sit in a tiny place. No dance floor etc. They opened another place called Twiice.

facebook.com/pages/twiice-N … 0249510881

Ha! Good to know. I will check out Taboo next week, when my girlfriend is here too. I actually also went to Insomnia the other day, a café near Shida.

There were some gay movie posters and one for a local lesbian magazine called LEZS. The two waitresses I talked to (and, by the looks of it, all the others too) were gay, so that was pretty cool! I asked about the magazine and they had a few for me to read. After a few hours of slowly ploughing through the magazines I now know words like 性別雷達 (gaydar) and 變裝皇后 (dragqueen)。Awesome! It’s not a gay café per se, but definitively a welcoming environment. :slight_smile: They also recommended Taboo on Wednesdays for live music, might drop by then.

Hope to meet some of you next week!

My friend and I are going to check out Taboo on 7/18. We are both laid back femmes (translation - "P"s) and fun to be with

Any others gay girls interested in going with us shoot me an in-mail.

Cheers :wink:

er, so how was taboo?

i wish i’d checked the board earlier!

ok. so i’ve been in taipei for 10 days now and would really like to go dancing before i leave in a week. what are the chances of this happening?

I’m going there this Saturday.

ergh. too bad! i’ll be leaving for the airport around noon on saturday. it is a regret of mine that i did not get to boogie-woogie this trip. on the other hand, i’ve found a lot of VERY exciting decaying urban infrastructure. this has kept me busy. YOU GUYS!!! Taipei is AMAZING!!!

just go there tonight then…you should at least go once.

i am just too bloody tired. pushed too hard today to get in what i could before leaving tomorrow.

but! i will be back again in a few months.

have fun tomorrow though, Battery9. thank you for writing back!

For anyone who is reading this and hasn’t gone, Taboo is amazing and people are super welcoming (especially after about 12:30 (we went on Saturday), when things heat up a lot). It doesn’t matter if you are alone, go go go! We definitely stood out as the only two white girls, but it worked to our advantage. A lot of people came up to me and my gf to chat and dance.

On another note, there is an enormous lesbian party happening on Saturday called Rebirth at Jump. Recommended by some locals.

lezsmeeting.com/shopping_inf … .php?sn=64

Anyone going???

Hi guys,

I just landed in Taipei this week. I have been reading through the forums and found this thread. All the information is great so thanks to the posters. I was wondering if anyone knew of any events that are coming up? I am here by myself so it would be great to get to know some others in the lgbt community :slight_smile:

[quote=“pipstar1”]Hi guys,

I just landed in Taipei this week. I have been reading through the forums and found this thread. All the information is great so thanks to the posters. I was wondering if anyone knew of any events that are coming up? I am here by myself so it would be great to get to know some others in the lgbt community :-)[/quote]

same for me, would like to get any info about upcoming lgbt events :discodance:

Hi everyone,

Thanks from me too, for all the info.
It’s really difficult finding information about Taipei lesbian scenes in English and I’m finding this thread extremely helpful.

A bunch of my friends and I are coming to Taipei from Tokyo for the Pride in October. We really would like to know if there are any lesbian parties during that weekend. It’s our first time in Taiwan and it would be great if all of you in the know could guide us.

I’m really looking forward to meeting awesome people!

Thank you!

Yeah, I’ve been looking online and I can’t really find that much about the scene here. Any info in English would be fantastic!

hi! welcome to Taiwan

I found some information , that weekend have a party in Jump, but I think it’s for guys
when I find another party , I will tell you.
club-jump.com/phpbb2/viewtop … decbeb&f=1

and here is a new Queer club in Taipei called “twiice Night Club”
B1 for gay, B2 for girls, I think they will have party in Pride.
facebook.com/pages/twiice-Ni … 0249510881

I would like to go to Pride 2012, but I’m not in Taiwan now.
I’m a lesbian came from Taiwan , if you have any Question, don’t hesitate to ask me: )
hope you girls have fun!!

[quote=“tokyowombat”]Hi everyone,

Thanks from me too, for all the info.
It’s really difficult finding information about Taipei lesbian scenes in English and I’m finding this thread extremely helpful.

A bunch of my friends and I are coming to Taipei from Tokyo for the Pride in October. We really would like to know if there are any lesbian parties during that weekend. It’s our first time in Taiwan and it would be great if all of you in the know could guide us.

I’m really looking forward to meeting awesome people!

Thank you![/quote]