Let me be the first to say

Congratulations Maoman!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’ve landed the big one here.

I just had a P.M from gus, on another site, and found that all the talk is true. You are the new and fearless leader.

After reading the message from gus I can see why you were selected.

All the best to you and don’t think too much about all those bunnies in the Night of the long knives thread, myself included. Oh yeah, and the WTF thread.

I guess lots of people had little or no information and were full of speculation.

See you on the boards,

Bassman

Tales of the inner chamber part xxx. So Gus whispered on his death bed, “Maoman is the new leader”? Then Bassman snaps to attention with a hearty congrats.

All too Hua Guofeng for me. :wink:

HG

It’s only fair. The guy has just taken over the reins and suddenly a whole group of posters with little information have a whole lot to say.

Gus made his choice so let’s support it.

I mean what else would you have him do, hand it over to a group that will probably have many different visions and directions for the site and let them slowly pull the thing apart. OR put the site in capable hands that share the basic vision of the founder and wish him the best.

I hope that Maoman can find people who will give him the same kind of support that he gave to Gus, if that happens I am sure that Forumosa will go from strength to strength.

Or, do ya’ll want your piece of the pie too???

Bassman, take a pill. It’s a wind up.

Gus wants out, it’s his baby, he can do with it what he likes. Maoman’s appointed and up fer it. End of chat.

HG

Addit: Alternatively. we could propose how to resolve this issue amongst the ubiquitous “the US sucks”, “does not”, “does too” and see how we go.

Hear Hear Bassman.
Seen people putting him down before he’s had chance to prove himself :unamused: He’s been helping to run Forumosa for a long time, I see no reason for it to radically change, and I hope it doesn’t. Forumosa is bigger than one man, even Maoman and he’s a big lad !

That bloody Maoman, he’s always doing this and that and blah blah blah whine whine nark nark nark…

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Tales of the inner chamber part xxx. So Gus whispered on his death bed, “Maoman is the new leader”? Then Bassman snaps to attention with a hearty congrats.

All too Hua Guofeng for me. :wink:

HG[/quote]

Yeah and look what happened to him.

I do not know what has transpired as far as any ownership issues of this site may be, but I think y’all got it wrong.

Forumosa has been run by a triumvariate of administrators (Gus, Hartzel and Maoman), if I am to believe that wonderful article on Forumosa that appeared in TMIT. The only thing that could have happened here is a shifting of maintenance responsibilities at the admistrator level, allowing gus more time too mix chemicals instead of posts.

Unless of course there is some ownership contract involved, and Gus has bolted for more serene pasture forumosa free.

Whats the story, Gus? I’ve got a deadline and enquiring minds want to know?

Chou

The political threads have now been or will soon be put in their own forum. Those who do not want to look at them can exercise their right not to do so.

If containment, as argued by many people here, would have been good enough to resolve the issues posed by Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq… then containment surely ought to be good enough to resolve any issues related to those nasty “the US sucks” threads… :wink:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Bassman, take a pill. It’s a wind up.

Gus wants out, it’s his baby, he can do with it what he likes. Maoman’s appointed and up fer it. End of chat.

HG

Addit: Alternatively. we could propose how to resolve this issue amongst the ubiquitous “the US sucks”, “does not”, “does too” and see how we go.[/quote]

Listen up you, you, you.... How dare you suggest I need to take a pill. Shite man, I've been doing that ever since gus walked away. He didn't even turn out the lights... :blush: oops, that's another topic.

I think we all know it is a wind up. No one could be so boring as too give Maoman a hard time for nothing, not even Wolfie. (Was that Chinglish?)

Actually, I don’t think that Maoman will be as laid back as gus. I hope for some positive changes.

I can feel my old bolshie reptilian brain kicking into action. Ban, eliminatte enemies of the true interests of the people.

Fred et al, a warning. . . anarchy prevails and I is ready for some Stalinist fun! :wink:

HG

Tigerman wrote:

:laughing: