Let the Rude White Person on Subway Hysteria Begin

This is about as cringeworthy as that American girl with her ching chong Asians in the library rant. Except it’s not from some clown on Youtube. It’s from the mainstream media.

well to be fair we are a bunch of big nosed birds and red haired barbarians…if we could only act civilized…DAMN!!! the media just wants white people to hate themselves, the man is trying to keep us down!!! These stories are tools of oppression!

You mean the BBC and the Guardian Newspaper right? :roflmao:
Most white people already do hate themselves that is why they often pretend to be black :wink:

Probably everybody already knows this, but just in case: I think that word in the article that contains the characters for white and eye (白目 bái mù) just means something like stupid. I’m not a hundred percent sure, but don’t think it’s intended as a reference to white people.

yeAh I always thought those seats were sittable until you have to get up when some pregnant lady or what not comes along. Most people do wait until others get off before getting on i think, cept for the muzha line was my experience.

I’m more interested in the drunk high school girls in Hualien. Can someone please provide a link to THAT story. FUN!

Google Translate from Chinese to English is not too bad, given that there are serious limits to how accurate a computerised translation between two languages with a very different structure, such as Chinese and English, can be. It looks better than what Babelfish churned out !

The Taibei DORTS has many foreigners to travel by, feared that the language does not pass lets the foreign friend be at a loss how to proceed, all bulletins pick China and UK to compare, but still had the white goal foreigner, not only in compartment noisy 譁, but also swaggering sits the universal love place, disregards completely should give precedence out of courtesy for the old and the weak women and children’s reminder, what exaggerates is taken the same bus when the passenger advises against, instead chokes opposite party English to say pretty good. Chats, the hand also one side brandishes gestures, in the Taibei DORTS compartment, group of foreigners chat, dial the hair, the cocoa nose, regards oneself living room, chatted may be happy, big volume, let take the same bus the passenger to be able bear, opens the mouth to advise against, obtains is actually such answer really. Designer Wang Li: “I directly said to them, embarrassed, can select low voice, you are a little noisy, the result he looks at me saying that oh, English is good, as soon as they come to sit in the universal love place, afterward some ages were quite big, instead must arrive quite far only then has the seat.” Is mad makes the movie, because this crowd noisy, acts in a completely informal or uninhibited manner foreign friend, two people up to one’s ass sit down, is precisely should give precedence out of courtesy for the old and the weak women and children’s universal love place. TVBS Reporter Zhong Peijun: “on the Taibei DORTS’s universal love place, its practical different color has differentiated the chair, above writes the first mat, the one side bulletin is also China and UK compares.” Designer Wang Li: “no matter he has in his country how freely, but you arrive at others country today, is should respect others the stipulation and the custom.” Feared that the foreign friend does not understand the riding rule, Taibei DORTS all symbols is China and UK compares, meets does not defend the custom, north Czechoslovakia also has incurs, please take the same bus the passenger to take up the compartment microphone, the national language is also good, English ㄟ passes, the station serves the personnel to help you to uphold the justice, but the bilingual bulletin writes to the civilized person looked, the public-spirited is decided individual accomplishment.

The moral of this story is: when you are next on the Taipei DORTS, don’t sit in the universal love place- even if there is no one else around who needs to sit there. If you disobey this rule, you could be arrested and exiled to North Czechoslovakia …

If they were kids why didnt they say a coupla white KIDS? Kids are kids !

No story at all. NO if it were a Nude white person, then maybe theres a story, maybe.

[quote=“pgdaddy1”]
don’t sit in the universal love place- even if there is no one else around who needs to sit there. If you disobey this rule, you could be arrested and exiled to North Czechoslovakia …[/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Oh! That’s beautiful man!

Slow news days will do this.

Is mad makes the movie, because this crowd noisy, acts in a completely informal or uninhibited manner foreign friend, two people up to one’s ass sit down, is precisely should give precedence out of courtesy for the old and the weak women and children’s universal love place. [/i]

[/quote]

I wouldn’t want to sit down up to one’s ass. What if they pass wind?

Saw a youtube clip. Not high school girls. Apparently was a few sixth grade girls went to a small ktv place after school let out for the day and one of them (the others are not admitting to drinking) got so drunk the kids didnt know what to do with her as her parents were not answering the telephone so they brought her back to the school. Where she passed out and the police were called. Thats what I got the gist of. The Ktv is in trouble for providing alcohol to minors.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0a06Xg8 … ure=relmfu

It’s not as bad in Taipei, I see a lot more of it down south though, both on the new MRT and on local trains. I wouldn’t say they typically rush on, but they edge into your exiting path impatiently, ensuring the embarking/exiting process goes even more slowly.

It’s the same with driving, people see you right there and just can’t wait that one extra second for you to pass, that one second is the difference between a prime noodle and a soggy one, apparently.

TV was showing footage of a group of young foreigners sitting on the boaizuo in the subway. It was followed by remarks by outraged Taiwanese lecturing expats to follow local rules. How did this become news? As if young Taiwanese never sit on the boaizuo… To me it’s an example of xenophobia, which as far as I can see has become worse over the years. I don’t really care. I’ll leave soon anyway. But if there is one society in the world that needs foreign friends, and should try not to alienate them, it’s this island.

I thought the sign behind the priority seat said “please first sit here and if somebody (that needs the seat) steps on the train then give it to them” or is my translation of the Chinese completely wrong?

It’s definitely way worse down south. The south’s only saving grace is its much lower population density. People are fucking maniacs here in Taidong County though. Getting on and off trains is insane at times. Some of my elementary school students drive scooters at breakneck speed around here. It’s taken as given that junior high school students or above will. No one here seems to follow any kind of road rules at all.

As for the girls in Hualian, that doesn’t surprise me at all. Several of the teachers and students at my junior high school chew binlang…at school. Plenty of adults drive drunk around here too.

Approximately: “Please yield seating priority to elderly people, pregnant women, those with mobility problems, and passengers carrying children.”

Approximately: “Please yield seating priority to elderly people, pregnant women, those with mobility problems, and passengers carrying children.”
[/quote]
Sorry English is my second language, I thought “please yield your seat” meant when somebody that needs the seat steps on the train get your lazy as off the seat, I have actually sat on the bloody seat once or twice every six months or so. I been getting it wrong? Actually a serious question, don’t want to be the foreigner that gives everyone else a bad name.

I sit my big fat Latino derriere on these seats every time I feel like it. Of course, I get up as soon as an elderly person steps on the train, I do not wait to be called. But if I am tired, if there are no seats available, I sit. I have a funny knee, I am a fat lazy furriner, choose your excuse. When I need it, I use it. I know it is temporary, it is borrowed. I keep an eye out in every stop to verify if anyone needs the seat.

Today I checked the wording on this regard. It says something very nice at the end: Make every seat a priority seat. I do this often. If I am sitting on a"normal" space, I give my seat to anyone who is carrying packages, is older, looks tired. Call it brownie points, whatever. The important thing is not to pretend to be asleep, as I see young local people, the younger, the more likely, do in the special seats or anywhere else. But that is their problem, not mine. Once, there was a group of them youngsters sitting in the wheelchair area. Someone called them on it, and an MRT cop was waiting at the net stop. Didn’t make the news though.

What’s fair is fair. Follow the rules and do not raise your voice, that’s OK. But those seast can be used, borrowed for a while, until someone who needs them comes in.

Imagine if in the States we had a news report like “Two Taiwanese teens listen to music on the bus without headphones, annoy other passengers by speaking Chinese”
Someone would hang for publishing that article.