Let's not talk about Hillary.

Not necessary. All I have to do is not invest in T-bills and I’m good as gold, so to speak.

1 Like

Are we talking about the political climate?

No we is talking bout dis spamibot 2000

A wise man once said, “I’ll believe global warming is a crisis when the people telling us it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis.” This in reference to Al Gore’s carbon footprint.

Let’s apply this standard to the current political climate, and observe what the political/media class actually does in the years ahead - never mind what they say.

My guess is that this really is a crisis - for them.

As for Bubbette: if you can’t even beat The Donald, it’s time to face the fact that you haven’t got what it takes. Forget politics, and focus on staying out of prison.

Same for the RNC leadership. Seriously, guys. Jeb?

1 Like

Sore loser? Or some medical reason?

Not that it matters. It’s high time she got off the stage anyway.

1 Like

Some people talked about her a bit too much…

Reason can come out with some interesting stuff, though I don’t generally follow them. Have you seen the interviews they did with Cody Wilson (they just released a follow up a couple of days ago)? Very interesting. They’re probably the best interviews with one of the most interesting people alive out there, although the Glenn Beck one is unintentionally funny as hell and well worth watching also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fhBBipU3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa87kudAVFs

I don’t see that thing working with concealed carry. But it’s a start. Democratize the guns and everything else will follow.

Everything always has to start somewhere. Look at any technology in its infancy and its laughable. Yet it eventually gets very sophisticated.

She’s getting interesting again.

She can be vastly entertaining to the right audience. To the left audience, not so much.

1 Like

Interesting article written by Donna Brazile. Basically Hillary Clinton had full control over the DNC about nearly a year before she won the nomination.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

Basically Hillary Clinton had full control over the DNC, no wonder the Bernie supporters were calling the process rigged.

The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.

I had been wondering why it was that I couldn’t write a press release without passing it by Brooklyn. Well, here was the answer.

She notes what happened was not illegal at least in her opinion.

The funding arrangement with HFA and the victory fund agreement was not illegal, but it sure looked unethical. If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead. This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity.

2 Likes

Pretty stunning stuff. Of course, it begs the question: can you believe anything that comes out of Donna Brazile’s mouth?

It’s not really surprising, but what’s in it for the DNC? I get why Hillary was all in on a deal like this but there was zero incentive for the DNC to go all in like that. It’s insane. It’s in their interest to put their best foot forward, not whatever foot-fungus she is.

There was already that lawsuit against the DNC earlier this year where their lawyers basically admitted that, yeah, sure you donated to Bernie’s campaigns but our bylaws clearly state “F you, F him and F your mother.” Judge agreed, if I recall.

Hindsight is 20/20 comes to mind, at the time that deal was made, no one at the DNC would have thought Bernie would have had a snow balls chance in hell of mounting a serious challenge.

If Hillary would have won, I suspect the DNC would be healthier than ever.

1 Like

Its also coming from Sen Elizabeth Warren.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-apos-rigged-apos-012202467.html

1 Like

I think Hillary might have won if she had chosen Warren as her running maid (?) instead of… what was his name again (exactly!). More Bernie bros would have gone to the polls and that might have made the difference. Of course she would never have done that. Too cocky, too confident, and all those donors would have killed her for that. She deserved to lose.

1 Like

Creepy Kaine, she might as well have picked a flower pot as a running mate, I think he was allowed to attend one event where he enthusiastically clapped and cheered on Hillary while she had a coughing fit.

We are probably seeing the Democrats attempt at a reset, let Hillary go out with a last hurrah and golden parachute book tour, throw her under the bus, then bring out the big guns, Perez, Obama, Brazile, Warren and Sanders.

Ted Lieu 2020. Now could you imagine. Ooops, born in Taiwan, not going to get that chance. :slight_smile:

I don’t think choosing a wacky left-wing ideologue would have helped her chances very much. The millennials are going to vote Democrat in any case. What the Democrats need to do is win back the working classes, and an elitist Harvard professor isn’t the best choice for that. Joe Biden would have been a much better choice.

She couldn’t have picked a worse running mate if she tried. He reminded me of the Joker as portrayed by Heath Ledger.

I just meant that she could have gotten some more votes from pissed off Bernie supporters. I agree that Warren is probably not appealing to the majority of voters overall.