Let's talk about our black first family

People have already started complaining that the dresses the daughters wear are too expensive…elegant.

they always have to find fault…

Well it’s not appropriate to spend all that money in the middle of what is probably a deep, 1930’s style depression, as people pointed out about that AIG party.

Michelle and O on 60 mins part 1
Part 2

I have to say, watching this, I really get Michelle is not an average politicians wife. There were moments that came thru on this interview
that show she’s a real, down to earth person, and especially a Chicagoan. The latter can’t be faked.

All this creepy “We’re not worthy! He is a great man!” sentiment is really starting to get to me, and Obama hasn’t even taken office yet. I hope he does something sleazy or ruthless soon so the honeymoon period wears off.

Fucking yanks, I expect this sort of shit from the Russians or the Chinese, but I honestly expected you to be more cynical and realistic about your political leaders. He’s an upper class politician for God’s sake. Just 'cos he’s black doesn’t mean he’s not capable of being as much of a venal, lying scumbag as the rest of them.

[quote=“KingZog”]All this creepy “We’re not worthy! He is a great man!” sentiment is really starting to get to me, and Obama hasn’t even taken office yet. I hope he does something sleazy or ruthless soon so the honeymoon period wears off.

Fucking yanks, I expect this sort of shit from the Russians or the Chinese, but I honestly expected you to be more cynical and realistic about your political leaders. He’s an upper class politician for God’s sake. Just 'cos he’s black doesn’t mean he’s not capable of being as much of a venal, lying scumbag as the rest of them.[/quote]
This is a bit rare for Americans. Even so, the rest of us Americans tolerate it because we’ve come to realize that to logically or analytically attack such gushing effusiveness that is superficially well-intentioned is to invite criticisms of racism. I have faith that most educated see it for what it is.