Let's talk about "the AIT NOC" in Neihu

Seriously though. I believe this printless paw fellow is a REAL conspiracy theorist. The REAL stuff simply is not going to wash with the likes of him. I believe we’re dealing with a PRO! So it behooves me to impart the secret knowledge to which I am privy that the complex is going to house this massive bunker, with TINS of BEANS and EVERYTHING! Then, when the balloon goes up, all true-blooded Americans (biometrically approved, of course – that equipment is already in place) shall be magically transported to a different pissant backwater where they are equally despised, there to wait until the final transportation to planet Ob-Romney. IT SHALL BE A DAY OF GREAT REJOICING. Calves will be fatted and (humanely) destroyed for the GREAT BARBECUE OF REDEMPTION. Tissues will not be provided, on account of space constraints. Wet wipes shall carry a surcharge. But there WILL be fireworks.

I met a guy from there recently, said he was The Caretaker and worked in the Maintenance Department. Showed me his bag of Tools. Shifty looking fella.

In the coming downsizing AIT will reduce the number of its staff from 450 to 50 (including both permenent and contract positions). When the remaining 50 personnel is moved to the NOC, each will occupy

20k square meters total area/50 = 400 sq meters area.

Quoted from a US federal agency: “The appropriate U.S. Government average for space use is 200 usable square feet per person, as compared to the U.S. private sector average of 250 usable square feet per person.” That amounts to 20 sq meters. So an average Amercian office worker occupies 20 times less floor area than the future AIT staff would occupy. Either the NOC is commissioned as another economy stimulus project, like a '‘mosquito hall’ commonly seen in Taiwan, or is commissioned for something far more important than hosting monday night football on a 100 inch screen.

Let’s use the number 20 sq meters to gauge how many people will be staffed in the NOC. It’s easy: 20k sq meters total area/20 = 1,000 persons. Let’s further assume the average annual salary for the NOC staff is $50k (I believe most of them earn more than this figure). The salary budget will be in the order of USD $50 million - each year! This budget number make better sense if it is spent on a millitary and/or intelligence purpose.

You are assuming someone will be “intelligent” there eh?

Do you have a source for that? Couldn’t find anything. Truly it wouldn’t make sense to have the same size facilities for that much smaller of a staff–though I guess it usually doesn’t bother the US government too greatly to make things many times larger and more expensive than needed. The wheels have been turning on this for a long time though, it may not be possible to make changes at this point. I notice the phase 2 contract was announced in Dec. 2011 and awarded in September. When were any downsizing decisions made?

fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity … 1&_cview=0

Well things change. I can see a need to downsize now that the USA has granted visa free to TW citizens. This was probably not even thought of in the initial planning stages.

However, it may be too late to make major changes if the contractors have already been paid.

Its hard for govt to turn on a dime.

Things get planned, permission sought. Then approved and then if the situation changes, its hard to turn on a dime.

so they may have to build it and then figure out what to do with it.

Could be a giant white elephant. Could probably do well enough to just stay where they are now.

An article here speculates on cutting staff by 100.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/fore … AIT-to.htm

Hmm, 100 not too drastic. That article is from March and specifically says:

So what? Who cares what they do there? They provided a couple of valuable construction contracts to the local builders, and that’s where your interest should end.

Are you scared (in the Chinese nationalist sense) of being “spied on” by the CIA?

Taiwan is an American military protectorate, anyway. They’re totally justified in doing what the hell they want.

Seemingly not this last one:

Though who knows how much subcontracting.

American designers designed the building. And work was contracted out to American companies who then SUBCONTRACT out the actual building. And in the end, it will likely be Thai laborers who put the thing together.

I heard that not only the contractors, but the subs AND sub-subs were all going to be from offshore, for security ratings.

Makes sense, you think when SHIELD was making this big fucker

they were stopping at Home Depot with a pickup truck every morning snagging day labour?

I doubt it.

Those fans came from GuangHua computer market.

Did he tell you more about what he does as The Caretaker?

He could have, but then he would have had to kill him.

(also doubles a handy grammar exercise)

Surely he takes care of people who ask too many questions. Better be careful. :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Now we have seen ‘The Caretaker’ who takes care of people who ask too many questions. And we surely already have ‘The Teacher’, aka Mr. Stanton, who stays ‘to teach English’ because he loves Taiwan so much. I can barely wait for the next wave of WikiLeaks to arrive. So we may know who those characters really are and who else is in ‘The Compound’.

Put your money where your mouth is. Colours to the mast. You see conspiracy? Name it, rather than pussyfooting around like a silly wee girl. Then maybe we can stop laughing at you and actually address your supposed “points.” Or don’t. Up to you. Continue to look like a prick if that’s what you want. So far, you’ve said: “let’s talk.” But all you’ve done is commented that you feel its a large building.

I saw Donald Pleasance in ‘The Caretaker,’ in Hammersmith. It was mostly about losing your shoes and drinking from thick rimmed glasses.

Thechief, is that picture of a flying aircraft carrier? Is that thing for real?

It is if you’re in The Avengers…