Let's talk about "the AIT NOC" in Neihu

Come to think of it The Caretaker did leave muttering something under his breath…something about Broken China that he had to deal with.

Aah, cheers fella. I live with my head rooted up my arse, so miss many things like that. It did seem a little, shall we say, unwieldy for conventional physics to handle.

Not at all.
Remember what Grandad said:

“If we all liked the same things, why, everyone’d be after your Grandma!”

Maybe The Compound has figured out the best way to fix China. That is to break it.

How will they do that?

I don’t know. I am not as smart as ‘The Teacher’. That’s why he got that job.
However, it is a good question and an excellent opportunity to spin around a few conspiracy theories in a new topic: ‘How will the US break China in order to fix it?’

Good idea. New topic. You started this one and had absolutely NO input whatsoever. What’s wrong with another one in which you don’t actually say anything? :unamused:

i donno i think printless comes up with some wild allegations that are fun to read and speculate on.

I think (s)he should print less and think more.

The Teacher recently commented on the future relationship between China and the US. In his ‘personal’ view, the relations between the two great powers will likely continue to be difficult, as Obama has adopted a tougher line toward China, particularly on trade. The US millitary has anticipated such difficulty long ago (right after the collapse of Berlin Wall). Then they decided to adopt a ‘lean forward’ war plan. The Pave Paws and the NOC are two simply unavoidable outcomes.

The HELL are you gibbering about? Pave Paws? Obama? The Berlin Wall? Stop. Take a breath. A deep one. Now. Think. Try to, at least.

George Bush and Jessica Ennis are responsible for the holocaust, and until you and your 9/11 birthers stop raping Donald Trump AND Peter ‘fucking’ Andre I will not rest easy at my keyboard. You hear me? Mother???

i donno, printless maybe pointless but hes pretty harmless

I live directly across from it. My living room has a stellar view of the front entrance and my 8th floor a birds eye look over the whole grounds.

After two long, dusty years (truly, how much dirt is it possible to move around into large piles? For a long while there were no less than 17 excavators at work) it appears that Phase 1 is complete. The site has been quiet for the last few months.

Things do seem to be moving exceptionally slowly though, but I am no expert. I can say there have been no signs yet of deep digging indicating the “bunker” that was rumored to be planned. No deeper than regular foundation and ground pipe work would expect.

The massive 27 story building next door (also across from AIT) dug a foundation far deeper than anything dug on the AIT site. However, the one building AIT hasn’t started is the main one, in the center of the land, so will watch how that one is dug out. It’s only 5 stories.

Have some photos, but can’t post them here it seems.

With taiwanese getting visa free entry to the USA, there seems to be no need of a huge US govt presence in Taiwan in the form of a huge AIT.

They could get by with a small office just handling US citizen services to the few that avail of them.

maybe the new ait building will do more important things than process visas and paperwork. maybe it will function as an embassy under disguise. the global strategic focus has moved to asia from europe now. china and asia are the epicenter of the world and taiwanese relations with china one of the most important in the region and america wants to be a part of it. i dont think the american govt wants taiwan - a fellow democracy - to be swallowed up by china no matter how many times they state their “one-china policy”. if taiwan goes, japan and south korea will be at risk to chinese domination in asia. philippines as a democratic nation is a joke. what other democracies are there in asia? taiwan’s importance as the only democratic chinese society in the world is really understated.

The whole complex may get built then they realize that there is no need for it.

They really have no need for it at all.

Just need a small office for US citizen services. NO visa needed for Taiwanese now to USA so ? No need for a massive AIT anymore.

Uncle Sam wont locate anything sensitive on Taiwan. Are you kidding?

at least there’s plenty of room for the Marine helicopters to land and evacuate US citizens in case of war?

Plenty of Taiwanese people still need visas. You can visit the US without one now, but if you want to study or get a job in the US you have a long path of paperwork in your future.

room for heli to land? Nah.

room for many taiwanese who want to go with a different visa then tourist? CAnt be that many of them around.

NOC… NOC who’s there ??? (answer: AIT, who else? )