Lets talk about the French

What comes to your mind when you hear the word ‘France’ or ‘French’? I guess most people tend to think about the Eiffle Tower, LV, and all the other fashion and artsy things… but what the French have been doing elsewhere in the world has been all but a stark contrast, just to list a few:

1994 - French supplied arms to and trained killers for the Hutu government of Rwanda, which commited genocide on the country’s Totsie population. An estimated 800 thousand Totsies were killed, thanks to the French.

1995 to 1996 - French government ignored all human safety and environmental concerns of the people living in southeast Asia and south Pacific - and conducted 5 to 8 nuclear detonations in the South Pacific.

2001 - Taiwan bought 60 French-made Mirage jet fighters in 1995. In 2001, during a routine test flight near Hsin-Ju, one Taiwan airforce pilot died after the 3rd crash of a Mirage-2000 fighter jet. Each fighter jet (apparantly a piece of shit) cost 58 million USD.

2004 - France and China started negotiating on a major arms deal. China plans to buy 12 billion euros worth of the new French mirage fighter jets after the arms embargo is lifted.

2005 - French government has put its support behind a law allowing the Chinese military to attack Taiwan as well as end the EU embargo of arms to China.

p.s. - We’re not supposed to mention…“The War”

Two things come to mind when I hear those words:

1. Selling Exocet missles to Argentina during the Falklands War.

2. Groundskeeper Willy (“Bonjourrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, ya cheese eatin’ surrender monkeys”).

Ummm…Six Nations 31-6 over England?

Jerry Lewis, poodles and Petain.

Between 1998 and 1999, no less than 4 F-16’s made by Lockheed Martin crashed in Taiwan resulting in the death of 3 pilots.

The Mirage jet crashes were caused by the following:

Crash 1 - Engine failiure.
Crash 2 - Bird sucked into intake resulting in engine surge
Crash 3 - Pilot disorientation > pilot error.

All four F-16’s crshed as a result of mechanical failiure.

Except from an interview with a contractor/engineer with the USAF with F.I. Magazine

… had a bad run of F-15E’s, so we shipped
them all to Israel and Saudi Arabia. Out of about 50 produced (I don’t
remember actual number produced), only 8 or so passed USAF quality checks
and made it to USAF squadrons.

As soon as we identify a fighter as a “lemon”, it’s immediately
tagged for export. Usually these are identified during the manufacturing
process, but you remember that whole shipment of F-16’s that got cancelled
and sat out in the desert for a year? Wonder why we didn’t use them
ourselves?
I’m sure the same thing is happening in Taiwan

The USAF recently identified another operational F-16 that wasn’t up to our
quality standards (it basically un-manufactured itself after just barely
tapping the ground at 600 kts), so we’re going to pack up the parts and sell
them as a do-it-yourself kit to a little bananna republic somewhere.

Add this to the notoriously unreliable military helicopters sold to Taiwan by the US, of which quite afew have already crashed, then you can seethat US exported gear isn’t exactly top of the line.

And you criticise the Mirage? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

They have a different word for everything.

Mmm, French food, French wine, French girls.

Except sachet, for that one they use the English word.

I really don’t know what’s wrong with you lot, but I immediately think blowjob, the other, other French kiss.

HG

My first date was a double date with my best friend; the girls were half-French, half-Mexican twins, about 15 years old (same as us). They were hot. When I think of the French, I think of those girls.

As for French foreign policy, it seems pretty immoral to me. But so does my own nation’s, quite often. :frowning:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]My first date was a double date with my best friend; the girls were half-French, half-Mexican twins[/quote]Half-French ? so they shaved one armpit ?

Maybe they shaved both armpits half way?

[quote=“Dr Zoidburg”]Big Fluffy Matthew wrote:
Dragonbones wrote:
My first date was a double date with my best friend; the girls were half-French, half-Mexican twins
Half-French ? so they shaved one armpit ?

Maybe they shaved both armpits half way?[/quote]

Or they didn’t shave, but made tacos out of baguettes? Red wine salsa? The bean burrito came with snails instead of beans?

[quote] “Frenchmen are like gunpowder, each by itself smutty and contemptible, but mass them together and they are terrible indeed!”
SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE[/quote]

Hmm, I’ve really got to learn how to do the individual boxes thing for my quotes. :s

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote] “Frenchmen are like gunpowder, each by itself smutty and contemptible, but mass them together and they are terrible indeed!”
SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE[/quote][/quote]

Yes, but smell isn’t everything.

I thought this was going to be a serious thread. I put all that work in and nobody noticed. Now you are all talking about boxes and French kissing and stuff and Colleridge who isn’t French
I used to have a paperound in Colleridge Close. All the names of the roads were named after poets like Milton and Tennyson and Harrisson. It was cool because I could ride my racer up the customers’ drives. It was an Emmelle racer, made in France by French people, probably. All the other kids took the piss out of me because I was the only one with a racer; they all had mountain bikes which could go on grass and through the mud. Needless to say, I loved riding my French dike.

Beautiful country, Paris one of the most beautiful city in this world, best bread and cheese, slim people :slight_smile: .

Asterix (independant and always arguing)
Those are the words that come to my mind.

I don t like our foreign policy (except the Iraq stuff) and the colonial past
I like Jerry Lewis (who is in France at the moment celebrating his 80th birthday)
We always criticize everything and everyone and we accept criticism as a way to make things better. (not everyone can say this)
Sometimes arrogant (but others are now being more arrogant than the french)
A few great achievements like the face transplant.

To sum up, I like my country althought it is far from being perfect. But remember no one is perfect.

I said nasty things about France, but I say much worse things about my own country.