Let's talk about Trump

:tangerine:-man gets business deals done while all the shenanigans are going on for limbo-impeachment.
Nice to finally see the US look out for itself in trade.
Next up, trade deal with UK ex-EU.

1 Like

You don’t stand a chance at getting hired at Cnn or Buzzfeed. Try this:

2 Likes

:clap:

“This action guarantees more than $2.5 billion over the next 10 years, including $850 million specifically for HBCUs.”

1 Like

The man can pander. But it’s still our money.

From December 2017 to November 2019, the low tax states added nonfarm payrolls at a rate 93.8% greater than the high tax states. Nonfarm jobs include those in the government sector. Limiting the scope of job growth to the private sector, where small business owners’ decisions on when and where to grow their businesses are directed affected by the tax code, shows and even larger job creation advantage for the low tax states, with a 97.9% higher rate of job growth in the past 23 months. Capital-intensive manufacturing shows an even larger disparity, with the rate of manufacturing jobs growing 3.3% in the low tax states compared to 1.3% in the high tax states, a massive 151% disparity in favor of the low tax states. In the past 12 months, the difference in manufacturing job growth is an astounding 1,209% advantage in favor of the low tax states. This may be because manufacturing facilities take longer to get up and running than do other sectors such as retail, with the effect of the tax cut being slower to manifest in this sector.

It’s an interesting question.

The Constitution doesn’t really say. I think that the general consensus is that impeachment happens when the House confirms it but there is some discussion that it may actually be a process and not be done until they hand the Articles over to the Senate.

This is, in my opinion, the only interesting thing to come out of this entire process. What happens if we need to replace a Supreme Court justice before Pelosi hands the articles over? It would be fair to say they won’t confirm a justice before impeachment is decided though we know/believe the Senate will never vote to remove. Therefore, could Pelosi actually stop the entire process and simply sit on things? You would need to go to the SCOUTS to rule - I imagine they would rule near unanimously, which would infuriate the part of the country that gets loudest online, which would make things even more interesting.

This could be the best ad of its type I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — President Donald Trump’s signature on defense legislation enacted by Congress means White Sands National Monument in southern New Mexico is now White Sands National Park.

White Sands became the 62nd designated national park Friday with Trump’s signing of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020, which included a provision on the re-designation, park officials said Saturday in a statement.

“Our staff are very excited for White Sands to be recognized as a national park and to reintroduce ourselves to the American public,” said White Sands Superintendent Marie Sauter. “We are so appreciative of our partners, local communities, and congressional leaders who made this achievement possible and look forward to continued success working together.”

White Sands National Monument was established on Jan. 18, 1933, by President Herbert Hoover to preserve “the white sands and additional features of scenic, scientific, and educational interest.”

According to the statement, White Sands contains not only the world’s largest gypsum dunefield, including gypsum hearthmounds found nowhere else, but also is home to the globe’s largest collection of Ice Age fossilized footprints."

The park, the statement said, “tells more than 10,000 years of human presence, all while providing memorable recreational opportunities."

:runaway:
I run as I assume there’s something bad about this that I am unaware of.

Not inclusive enough. No Brown and Black Sands…

3 Likes

Well it once belonged to the Apaches and now it doesnt. So that might be an issue for them in the sense of “something bad”. IJS

1st president to host the horse 'n buggy crowd

1 Like

#problematic

images (1)

1 Like

Wind , we got this.:sunglasses::grin:
This would be funny except for the world very much needs the US to cut it’s carbon emissions. The US can make better ‘windmills’ if there’s a problem with the German or Chinese ones.

I know windmills very much

tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere.

You know we have a world, right? The world is tiny compared to the universe

1 Like

The step adds to a series of tariff cuts over the past two years that Beijing says are aimed at improving supplies of consumer goods and encouraging competition. Chinese officials say they should not be seen as concessions to U.S. pressure.

So, these are concessions to US pressure then. Got it. :smoker:

(I’m not certain if this belongs in this convo but it seems fitting)

@Dr_Milker

Young people speaking freely in a safe space.

Mission accomplished. Thanks America. :salute:

1 Like

Trump on wind power:
“We’ll have an economy based on wind. I never understood wind. You know, I know windmills very much. I’ve studied it better than anybody. I know it’s very expensive. They’re made in China and Germany mostly — very few made here, almost none. But they’re manufactured tremendous — if you’re into this — tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint — fumes are spewing into the air. Right? Spewing. Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything — right? So they make these things and then they put them up.”

3 Likes

See this shit pisses me off. I’m no Trumper but Vice (of course no surprise) labels these photos as ‘unsettling’.
One has some kids holding some cardboard guns. Yeah that’s a bit unsettling.
But the rest? Give me damn break. Unsettling to who? To someone who can’t fathom the idea of someone being on the other side of the political spectrum as them?
I was expecting to see some people holding up some confederate flags at the very least. But nope. Just people. Being alive. At a Young Conservative Convention. Fuck vice.

Can’t wait for their next article ‘12 Disturbing Pictures Seen at the Bernie Sanders Town Hall’ with just a bunch of pics of people smiling wearing Bernie shirts. Not even Fox would stoop that low.

5 Likes

You only need one picture from a Bernie stop:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/alexandra-ocasio-cortez-says-u-s-not-an-advanced-society-at-bernie-rally-it-is-fascism/

I love the Hill. It’s like where HOPE lives on:

Actually, 2020 looks like an atypical election where the main issue will not be economic. Three-quarters of Americans say the nation’s economy is good — the highest number in nearly 20 years. Nor will the main issue be any of the issues the Democratic candidates like to talk about — health care, taxes or trade. The main issue will be Trump.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/475719-impeached-with-a-solid-base-and-no-shame-trump-becomes-the-only-issue-of

From the custodians to the old fart teachers where I work, it is most certainly the economy.