Let's talk about Trump

Trump says don’t boycott Anheuser-Busch: they’re a great American company (whose executives have just announced a fund-raiser for Trump-what a coincidence). I hope people like Kid Rock will renounce their boyco- oh, wait, after buying cases of Bud Light and blasting them with an automatic rifle (some of them; he missed a few) he was spotted drinking Bud Light, leading MAGA media types to theorize a conspiracy to plant a look-a-like can in his hand.
Thankfully, such idiotic stories will go away- oh, who are we kidding? We’ve already got the Taylor Swift brou-ha-ha, so can we get any stupider? (MAGA says “hold mah beer”- preferably not a Bud Light.)

1 Like

Always enjoy your imaginary conversations with “MAGA.” :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m impressed @MikeN1 made it all the way through that without bringing up Vladimir Putin and Tucker Carlson.

Carlson seems to have ruffled some feathers, might check the interview out.

1 Like

Let the battle of the geriatrics begin! … The problem for Biden is that Trump’s derangement is on brand. His fans expect him to sound and act as crazy, whereas the most Democrats can hope for is that Biden has a pulse. It is not a fair fight.

This may be Biden supporters way of finally acknowledging he is going senile by saying “so is Trump”.

Progress of sorts I guess.

3 Likes

Right on time with the usual whataboutism?
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thats what your article says. Biden and Trump are both going senile, Im just pointing out why those who cover for Biden are admitting hes senile while equivocating with Trump.

Besides the author out and out lies when they say Trumps cognative ability has never been questioned before, some of us have a memory span of more than 10 minutes.

1 Like

I can still go at least 2 hours

After that it gets a bit
squirrel-doug

They’ve been trying to make the case Trump is going senile for years, do you really not remember or need me to dig all the old articles?

There’s lots of other things I would be concerned about ahead of senility, his brain turning to mush might even be a plus if those who want a civil service making all the decisions like they do already with Biden and want to have their way.

Nope. The thing is, he has been going senile for years (as have all of us). Is he all the way there yet? Probably not.

Depends on the civil service. As the article I just shared points out, Trump has few experienced people still willing to work with him, and is likely to appoint a bunch of sycophants (plus the odd Steven Miller).

The US needs better choices, all around.

Umm hmm, so at least you remember they have been trying to make the case Trump is senile for years. So when the author of the piece you linked writes.

Trump may be mad as a box of frogs with a maniacal energy that powers his campaign, but he has not been regarded as doddery or borderline senile. Until now.

Shall we agree on at least this instance the author is flat out lying?

Ok, we shall agree (though it is possible they’re just delusional, or have a convenient memory).

When I said “nope”, that was me acknowledging

Because I do not need

If so, you may also enjoy Nate White’s assessment, from another shore, of DJT and how some British people view him:

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?’ If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

Source: British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read - London Daily

Guy

Meh… I doubt anyone really cares what the British population think about Trump.

1 Like

Lost me here. Trump is hilarious, and could easily pursue a career in stand-up comedy if the politics thing doesn’t work out. That writer has a garden-variety case of:

4 Likes

I doubt Nate White knows what the British population thinks.

Edit: he does say some. So i guess he isnt lying.

I wouldn’t blame him, the British press went full derangement of Trump before he was even the Republican nominee back in 2016.

Back then Hillary Clinton was fully in support of a hard line against Russia and for whatever reason since the war against Russia began there has been no other country more fully behind defeating Putin at all costs than the Brits.

What they were doing back in 2016 to frame anyone close to Trump as Russian colluders is still under seal, the CIA apparently wouldn’t sign off on the release, but everyone by now pretty much understands the role they played.

Also polls have shown the Brits are more susceptible to the programming by the media, the polls show Americans have a much higher distrust of the MSM.

A healthy distrust I would say.

1 Like

Isn’t he famous for not paying his bills?

1 Like

Its been in the news ad nauseam, Im sure you are aware. From your article.

“‘You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?’” Trump recounted saying. “‘No I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills.’”

No wonder they hate him in Europe. What are your thoughts about EU nations intelligence services teaming up with his political opponents to sway an American election to an outcome of their liking?

1 Like

It is a rhetorical question. Yes. He is famous for not paying his bills. And his taxes. And more recently legal settlements. What a hypocrite.

2 Likes