Let's talk about Trump

1-2 punch against the Donald tonight at the DNC. Bloomberg with the big one. The biggest speech against Trump I have seen so far. Exposed by a real billionaire from New York. “Let’s vote for a sane candidate…” That must have hurt. Not sure how effective Kaine’s mocking of Trump was, but it was attack-dog-style. Didn’t expect that from Kaine.

Tim Kaine supports bank re-regulation etc. huffingtonpost.com/entry/tim … ddc4d2c86c

I’m pretty sure he was only picked to be Hillary’s VP because he used to be chair of the DNC and this was all decided upon a long time ago. Picking someone like him when she is supposed to be the centrist on the ticket doesn’t make a lot of sense otherwise. This might have seemed far-fetched before the DNC leaks but now that we see how that organization works, I am pretty convinced that this is what happened.

How do you pronounce that? I read it as dink leak.

Details, details…

cracked.com/blog/5-things-i- … out-trump/

doop

So how’s the ol’ campaign to bring jobs back to American workers going?

[quote]This month, Trump is bringing jobs to Florida, as he looks to hire 78 servers, housekeepers, and cooks at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach and the nearby Trump National Golf Club, Jupiter.

But instead of making sure those jobs go to Americans, he is seeking to import foreign workers for the positions, which pay $10.17 an hour for housekeepers, $11.13 an hour for servers, and $12.74 for cooks. He filed applications this month claiming he couldn’t find enough Americans to do that work, and is seeking temporary visas to bring in 65 workers at Mar-a-Lago along with another seven waiters and six cooks at the golf club.

[/quote]

You know, once the Dems minimum wage increase goes through, Donald might actually be able to hire Americans instead of bringing in cheap foreign labour.

Bernie supporters are alleging foul play at the DNC convention: actors, white noise machines. Meanwhile, Trump +7 in the latest poll by USC & LA Times.

I envision a playing field that’s tilted to about 45 degrees with The Queen safely strapped into her throne awaiting coronation. Bernie the Pretender has already vanished over the edge along with Debbie Whatzername while his supporters are clinging on by their fingertips. Despite enduring repeated beatings by throngs of courtiers, the court jester somehow manages to maintain his grip on Madam’s throne and even seems to be somehow getting to his feet. All in a day’s work in this wonderland known as U.S. presidential politics.

Trump and Hillary(ious) . Don’t like Trump at all (Trump is out for Trump) and don’t like Hillary that much either. She’s looking out for number one herself. Americans don’t have good people that want to be President it seems. Almost want to just keep Obama on for a 3rd term.

Didn’t vote for him both times, but think he’s not doing a bad job. In spite of all the hatred directed at him from so many quarters. Secret Muslim out to destroy America, etc.

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Trump is giving Palin a run for her money.

Obama was a disaster. Hillary is a criminal. Trump is a maniacal fatcat. Bernie is a Soviet sleeper agent.

I don’t envy Americans.

Then again this year I had my pick of corporatist lawyers who hate Australia and Australians to vote for, so I guess my country’s fucked too.

Looks like Republican candidates in close races are starting to duck for cover

And in other Trump-related news

http://blog.silive.com/gracelyns_chronicles/2016/08/scott_lobaidos_t_sign_burned_d.html

Well, there was foul play. The DNC collaborated with Hillary against Bernie Sanders, then the collaborator resigned and joined Hillary’s campaign. This was what the recent WikiLeaks leak was about. But I doubt there’s noise machines or something.

Latest from Trump on Hannity- okay, it’s from Trump, it’s on Hanity, and it’s about Trump donating to charity and helping US veterans, so you already know the whole thing is a lie.
Hannity claimed, and the Trump campaign ‘confirmed’ that in 1991 Trump sent his private plane to ferry some wounded veterans from the Gulf War back home. Again, this is the story officially confirmed by the Trump campaign.

What actually happened is that when Trump bought Eastern Shuttle and turned it into Trump Air, he bought four extra planes that he didn’t actually need- so he leased them to the US Army, at full commercial rates, and the Army used them, among other things, to fly wounded soldiers back.

This is what Trump is claiming as his hyuuuge act of charity. Nothing special- another day, another petty sleazy lie.

He made tremendous sacrifices, all his life…

I am interested in the influences Hillary and Trump will have on the exchange rate if elected. What is your estimate?

One thing I am quite sure is both of them will exert significant pressure on the Asian countries which have policies and incentives to weaken their currencies.

My estimate is, as for TWD, either of them will try to deter the policies to lower the TWD. But all the south east countries, Taiwan, Korea and Japan want their currencies weaker. And also if Trump elected, there might occur some trade frictions, especially when Trump elected.

Trump will make the US economy stronger temporarily through protecting domestic industries, but not sure how capable his administration will be in the long term.

“: You know how they get out? They get out. That’s how they get out. Declare victory and leave. Because I’ll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down. They’re in a civil war over there, Wolf. There’s nothing we’re going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war.”
-Donald Trump,CNN, 2007-
after the Surge, but before Dubya signed the agreement that the U.S. would pull out all combat troops by Dec 31, 2011.

Any more wonder why the only plank in the Republican platform that Trump’s team was anxious to change was the one saying America backed Ukraine?

Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafor t [Trump’s campaign manager] from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau. Investigators assert that the disbursements were part of an illegal off-the-books system whose recipients also included election officials.

In addition, criminal prosecutors are investigating a group of offshore shell companies that helped members of Mr. Yanukovych’s inner circle finance their lavish lifestyles, including a palatial presidential residence with a private zoo, golf course and tennis court. Among the hundreds of murky transactions these companies engaged in was an $18 million deal to sell Ukrainian cable television assets to a partnership put together by Mr. Manafort and a Russian oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, a close ally of President Vladimir V. Putin

Though I shouldn’t say that’s the only reason. Since no American bank will give him a loan because he’s too crooked, the tax returns he refuses to let the public see probably show how deeply in debt he is to the Russian mob and how much he’s under Putin’s thumb.