Let's talk about Trump

Nothing about Trump’s campaign has been racist, only the media narrative. Anti-Muslim, yes…which is a good thing. Islam is generally anti-democracy, anti-women, anti-gay, anti pretty much everything that happened during and after the Enlightenment, so pretty much antithetical to American values.

Just curious, once Trump takes over the office, does this affect the state of Taiwan? Can China be bolder and take over like what happened in HK? I’m terrified about this possible scenario.

I haven’t seen anything to indicate that Trump has Fascist tendencies (other than Clinton campaign and MSM lies), but I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Republicans, ironically, are usually much more supportive of Taiwan’s democracy than Democrats (even left-wingers like Michael Turton readily concede this fact), but I think it remains to be seen what position a Trump administration will take.

Over the next four years (assuming there even will be a 2020 election), I will be saying “See? I told you so” quite often.

Abortion rights? Forget it. They’re gone. Bye bye freedom.
Healthcare? Hey, how about just not getting sick?
Same-sex marriage? That’s so gay. No more.
School-led sectarian prayer? Coming to a public school near you.
Medicare? Social Security? On the chopping block.
Freedom of the press? Look for it to be curtailed.
Free speech? It was nice while it lasted.
Political prisoners? Look for that to be part of the American scene.
Torture? Coming to a torture chamber near you!

“A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

C’mon, Chris, don’t be a drama queen. :slight_smile:

You know Trump is pro-gay, but I’ll give you abortion rights and torture.

The end of abortion rights is, as far as I’m concerned, curtains for American freedom. If that precious, hard-won right can go, it means that any rights can be easily stripped away.

Now that Trump is on the verge of taking the presidency, it means that the moribund Religious Right (the most dangerous enemy to American freedom and democracy in existence) has regained power.

We could have put the Religious Right to bed forever by voting in Hillary. But now it is about to dominate America like never before.

Like you, I’m pro-abortion (I refuse to use the propaganda terms “pro-choice” and “pro-life”), but you can’t have everything.

It pretty much IS everything, as far as I’m concerned, because anti-abortion sentiment it is connected to an entire right-wing mindset.

It’s the one non-negotiable issue; the one absolute deal-breaker for me. If a politician opposes abortion, I will not vote for that person under any circumstances.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/USElection2016?src=tren

a lot of interesting comments

California:

Medical marijuana passes! They’re gonna need it!
Death penalty repeal doesn’t pass. Seriously, California?
Gun control measure passes. Good!

https://www.google.com/search?q=election+results&oq=election+results&aqs=chrome..69i57.7494j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#eob=enn/p//1/0///////////

The orange devil is going to win for sure.

Just a lot of snark, pearl clutching and sour grapes. This kind of stuff is what the left excels at…I ought to know, I used to be one of them.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Michael Moore called it

1 Like

Part time clown and full time social path? As Moore said? God help us all.

Did you mean “sociopath”? If an idiot like Michael Moore doesn’t like it, it’s gotta be good. On the other hand, he was smart enough to predict a Trump victory, which puts him in the top 1%, ha ha. I think it’s his working-class Rust Belt background that gave him the proper insight.

1 Like

Taiwan media is quite…direct:

Headline says:
Crazy vs liar…

1 Like

I anticipate a sharp rise in anti-Americanism around the world, which will make life a lot harder for us Americans who travel a lot.

Ahhhh cute bless them little souls with their “Crazy” vs “Liar” news tag on national TV news channel.

1 Like