Lets talk Donald and Hilary

[quote=“Winston Smith”]I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure libertines aren’t going to use any borrowed money to build the sorts of highways that would alleviate gridlock in job creation centers like Seattle, Austin and Denver.
More likely their five year plans will revolve around forcing people out of their cars and into green, four hour commutes on public transit infrastructure built by union labor.[/quote]

You are- the Dems plans involve spending on roads and bridges AND public transportation.

And “libertines”? Really? Is there something sexy about mass transport that I don’t know about? Mind you, I’m old enough to remember when being a libertine was what happened in the back seat at the drive-in. There’s a reason parents warned their daughters about " going parking".

No sort of highways will alleviate gridlock in those (all very liberal, natch ) job creation centers like Seattle, Austin and Denver. Think of London without the Tube, Paris without the Metro, and New York without the subway- wouldn’t it be wonderful if instead all those people were driving cars into the city centre?

Or maybe you’re thinking of all the money wasted here in Taiwan on the MRT, which should instead have been used to build highways to bring more traffic into downtown Taipei.

[quote=“MikeN”]Trump, Feb 27, 2016

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 … l#jumpLink

Trump 2000

twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/703955984885161985

Donald knows what an important role the white racist vote plays in the Republican Party on Super Tuesday, and doesn’t want to jeopardise their support.[/quote]

This was a feeble attempt by the ADL (Anti defamation league ) to label Trump as some sort of neo facist/ anti semite. Coincidentally the ADL is the most racist organization on the face of this planet.

[quote=“agentsmith”][quote=“MikeN”]Trump, Feb 27, 2016

Trump 2000

Donald knows what an important role the white racist vote plays in the Republican Party on Super Tuesday, and doesn’t want to jeopardise their support.[/quote]

This was a feeble attempt by the ADL (Anti defamation league ) to label Trump as some sort of neo facist/ anti semite. Coincidentally the ADL is the most racist organization on the face of this planet.[/quote]

Yes, the question came from the ADL; all Trump had to do was say “Of course I repudiate the support of the KKK” - but he wouldn’t because he knows that it would hurt him with the type of Republicans he’s appealing to. His denunciation of David Duke as a Klansman in 2000 was in the context of a Reform Party Presidential run; now he’s a 2016 Republican, so he can’t afford to denounce white supremacists.

Especially when Trump was waiting on the endorsement of the totally-not-racist-why-do-you-ask Senator Jeff Sessions ( R-Ala).

And more
lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/201 … hat-i-mean

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“agentsmith”][quote=“MikeN”]Trump, Feb 27, 2016

Trump 2000

This was a feeble attempt by the ADL (Anti defamation league ) to label Trump as some sort of neo facist/ anti semite. Coincidentally the ADL is the most racist organization on the face of this planet.[/quote]

Yes, the question came from the ADL; all Trump had to do was say “Of course I repudiate the support of the KKK” - but he wouldn’t because he knows that it would hurt him with the type of Republicans he’s appealing to. His denunciation of David Duke as a Klansman in 2000 was in the context of a Reform Party Presidential run; now he’s a 2016 Republican, so he can’t afford to denounce white supremacists.[/quote]

Pandering to one group or another is the name of the game. I’m just glad he is not pandering to the oligarchs and organizations who do not have the best interest of America and it’s people.

Some quotable quotes for these troubled times…

“All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.”

• George Orwell, ‘December Letter,’ Partisan Review, Winter 1945

'Be still my trembling hands, for how you would tremble if you knew where I would take you next."

• Hauser

You know what I think it funny? watching the establishment and and their media sideshow freaks go ballistic as Trump progresses.

That was awesome, and you know it’s just going to get worse for Trump. He’s had more business failures than successes, so the longer this circus show goes the more people are going to be digging in to his past and trash talking him in public. For any normal candidate they’d just ignore it, but somehow I don’t think Trump is going to be able to weather the storm without letting his Twitter fingers (apparently short little baby Twitter fingers) get the better of him.

Let’s see how many people he threatens to sue from now until next November.

[quote]That was awesome, and you know it’s just going to get worse for Trump. He’s had more business failures than successes, so the longer this circus show goes the more people are going to be digging in to his past and trash talking him in public. For any normal candidate they’d just ignore it, but somehow I don’t think Trump is going to be able to weather the storm without letting his Twitter fingers (apparently short little baby Twitter fingers) get the better of him.

Let’s see how many people he threatens to sue from now until next November.[/quote]

The US has been run into the ground by normal politicians. Not sure if your aware but no one trusts or has confidence in the govt what so ever and very good reason. Regardless, I think there are a lot of very powerful people that do want Trump in office. He won’t make it past the first yr.

That certainly seems to be the popular opinion these days. Since politicians have proven to be so bad at managing the country for the good of the people, why not just get any old fucking loser who has never held a position of political office do the job? And wouldn’t you know it, conveniently there is an “any old fucking loser” available that will be more than happy to tell you how great a job he will do.

Win win for America right? Replace inept politicians and their failed policies with a completely inept businessman with equally failed business ventures. Makes sense…

Are you talking about 2008 or 2016?

Are you talking about 2008 or 2016?[/quote]

Both, of course. The voters are frustrated, because no matter how many times they try they just can’t pick a trustworthy leader.

Sure they do. It’s all shovel ready.

There are some wonderfully well maintained freeways in southern California, don’cha know.

Are you talking about 2008 or 2016?[/quote]

Was referring to 1776 onwards

Super Tuesday is about to begin in the USA. While it’s not the end-all be-all in the presidential horse race, it’s generally a good indicator of who will emerge as the anointed candidates for the major parties. So we don’t have long to wait. Exciting crazy times (if you really care about all this US election shit).

Sanity is for wimps.

[quote]Win win for America right?[/quote]First the prez then congress. America needs to be overhauled that is if it’s not too late.

I agree with that, the difference being I see only one candidate that is capable of starting the US on that path and he’s not going to win this election cycle. So it’s more of the same for America from 2016 - 2024. Hopefully President Warren can do a better job

To me the funniest part of that video was the mortgage company Trump started in 2006. It was funny but Oliver missed the true punchline. In 2006 the elites in the financial world were already starting to build their short positions. Amongst themselves they knew they were packaging mortgage backed securities and dumping worthless CDO’s on the public for years. The game was to set the banks up to take the fall publicly (knowing they would get bailed out) and then privately profit off the collapse of the housing market.

So there’s Donald Trump. A man who claims to be friends with some of the worlds most successful investors, bankers, real estate developers, and yet not a single one of them told Trump about the game that was being played. They just sat back and watched his company go belly up, probably drinking champaign and laughing their asses off.

The fact that not a single person in power told him about the rigged game tells me he has zero respect as a businessman and very few real connections. And why would he? If Fred Trumps assets were held constant and left to accumulate for the 43 years that Donald had control of them they would be worth about 15 billion. It takes a special kind of stupid to turn 15 billion into less than 4.

Sadly people who still supports Trump now will never understand that fact. As John Oliver’s segment points out, the Trump name is a brand, and Trump is selling that brand to those people who don’t bother doing their research before buying into a sales pitch.

Sadly people who still supports Trump now will never understand that fact. As John Oliver’s segment points out, the Trump name is a brand, and Trump is selling that brand to those people who don’t bother doing their research before buying into a sales pitch.[/quote]

Like I said many times before,America has been driven into the ground by self-serving corporate sponsored politicians and the American people have had enough. If anyone stills believes America is still great or the same cast of characters have the best interests of America , I’d say they have a serious case of cognitive dissonance.

Speaking of fiscal responsibility: usdebtclock.org/