Let's Talk In English magazine

I have had to teach such magazines to teenage students on several occassion and most of them are as dry as the desert. I think the people who make these magazines should also make training videos for teachers on how to present the material. Does anybody know of a company that does this :ponder: ?

No thanks to the people who did the Hansel and Gretel article on one of these CD’s. I crinkled my nose when I overheard you say, “It’s a thing with the Brothers Grimm” when you were talking about how women are always evil characters in their stories.

Sure enough, I had to explain what’ “It’s a thing” means to my boss, who then taught it to her class.

And of course, every profile they do of some minor entertainer/sports figure that maybe one of your students has even heard of they’ll be sure to include “he/she says his/her success is all due to Jesus.”

Though they did luck out with that February 2012 front cover of founder Doris Brougham standing beside some unknown third-rate Taiwanese-ancestry Christian basket ball who was just about to be cut by the Knicks … hmmm, maybe God is on her side.