Letters on flight itinerary--what do they mean?

What do those letters next to flight numbers on an itinerary mean? I know they relate to conditions, for example whether you can change the date. Does anyone know of a list of these letters and what they mean?

The letters I want to find out about are k, l, s, and b.

Thanks for any information.

Thats the different booking categories and they define things like if the tickes is exchangable to other flights without additional costs, how long they are valid, if they count for the miles programs, etc.
Not sure about the individual meanings of each letter but thats what I was told once when I complained that my miles where not counted at Cathay (they don’t accept some of the lower ones anymore and yes, I am usually flying cattle class…lol)

[quote=“joesax”]What do those letters next to flight numbers on an itinerary mean? I know they relate to conditions, for example whether you can change the date. Does anyone know of a list of these letters and what they mean?

The letters I want to find out about are k, l, s, and b.

Thanks for any information.[/quote]
Yield management. In the coach cabin on an airplane, there are dozens of different fares with different restrictions. The airline allocates them into “buckets” and designates them with a letter. Once the cheapest bucket is empty it goes up to the next bucket. Within each bucket, or letter, it can be broken down further with advance purchase, minimum and maximum stay restrictions.

travelterminal.com/whatsinafare.shtml

seatguru.com/

iata.org/whatwedo/aircraft_o … ding/index

ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Crack- … &id=694764

airlinecodes.co.uk/

Different airlines use different booking class codes, but they are generally the same: F, P, A and sometimes Z being First; J, D, C, I being Business, and the rest being Economy or non-revenue codes. F, J, and Y are usually full-fares, but I have had full-fare tickets with P, J, and W on them as well. (MAS, CX, and BA, respectively)

The fare codes can sometimes be found on the airlines website.

Also:

www.checkmytrip.com

Sometimes the airline (eg BA) won’t tell you the booking class you’re in, important for frequent flyers travelling in reduced circumstances, i.e., Steerage.

Finally - www.seatcounter.com