Lexmark Printer repair - Yilan where?

My Lexmark X83 has just decided to quit - it won’t print any colour BUT I JUST PUT IN A NEW COLOUR CARTRIDGE! :fume: Where can I have it repaired? I live in Yilan county and I would really be grateful for any suggestions.
:s Thanks
Pixie

[quote=“Pixie”]My Lexmark X83 has just decided to quit - it won’t print any colour BUT I just PUT IN A NEW COLOUR CARTRIDGE! :fume: Where can I have it repaired? I live in Yilan county and I would really be grateful for any suggestions.
:s Thanks
Pixie[/quote]

From what I’ve heard, Lexmark puts a chip in their ink cartridges to prevent you from from using anything but original (read expensive) Lexmark-branded cartridges. Use a non-Lexmark cartridge, and the printer will just die. I don’t know what is involved to get it working again.

Considering what Lexmark cartridges cost, it may be cheaper to use it for a boat anchor and buy a Canon printer, which works with those NT$200 cartridges.

It was this same issue that caused me to toss my Epson into the trash.

Sorry if that’s not the answer you wanted to hear.

regards,
Robert

It may be that your computer isn’t detecting the new cartridge because Lexmark drivers are such crap (I will never buy a Lexmark product because of all the crap I’ve gone through getting them to work). Try reinstalling your printer like this:

1. Remove the printer from printers and faxes (on xp: start/printers&faxes then right click on the printer icon and select delete)
  2. Go into device manager and uninstall the printer driver (on xp: start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager, find your printer and ricght click and select uninstall – if system doesn’t show up in control panel click on “select classic view”)
  3. Uninstall any software package for your printer (on xp: start/control panel/add or remove programs, find any lexmark or printer packages, click remove)
  4. Disconnect the printer from the computer and don’t connect it back again until after reinstalling the software
  5. Reboot
  6. Reinstall the software from scratch from the original CDs, or even better download the latest version from Lexmark
  7. Reboot
  8. Reconnect the printer only after you’ve reinstalled the software and rebooted.

If you have to get a new printer, I highly recommend an HP. Back in the day, Epson was king. They slipped and let HP assume the helm. Not sure if most folks know this, but even when you’re printing in BnW on an Epson, it’s sucking color ink. HP ink control is fabulous, as is the printing quality.