Licence bracket modification

Now here’s a quick question on the wimpy side. You’ve talked about souped-up cars getting confiscated. What about souped-up 50cc-150cc scooters? It would be nice to be able to accelerate just a bit more on those right turns where you’re likely to get squashed.

Has anyone tried this?

[quote=“Mindmixer”]Now here’s a quick question on the wimpy side. You’ve talked about souped-up cars getting confiscated. What about souped-up 50cc-150cc scooters? It would be nice to be able to accelerate just a bit more on those right turns where you’re likely to get squashed.

Has anyone tried this?[/quote]

Why not just put 2 stroke oil ( don’t know its name) that burns at a higher temperature and gives more power.

You often smell it from those 50CC 2 stroke hairdryers that the local punks are on. It has a sweet smell

A serious problem with using racing 2T in a street bike is the gum and residues it leaves behind. It’s okay for oil to leave residue in a race motor when it gets stripped down every few events. It chokes a street motor up very quickly. KYMCO sells a 2T oil for the NSR that’s very good, it’s imported from Japan, works well.
As to hopping the motor up, well you can get surprising power from a little two-stroke, but you end up with a time bomb. An easier route is to swap out the little weights in the transmission for lighter ones. Like a high stall-speed torque converter in a car, modding the trans raises the launch rpm and keeps the engine spinning faster at all road speeds, improving acceleration. Reliability is not affected much if any, although the motor will work harder and not last quite as long.

Thanks for the advice on that.

Perhaps that will be a point of business a few months after I arrive.

If the aim of law enforcement were to reduce the number of traffic accidents, it wouldn’t be worth arguing. The sad fact is that this is not the case. The enforcement of speed limits everywhere is a revenue generating operation first and formost. Any reduction in accident rates is purely incidental.

I don’t think anyone in this thread was advocating going 200kph on public highways.

I had one of those flip-down license plates for my hatch key on my 1988 Camaro and I always flipped in the down position when I didn’t want anyone to see my plates.

If the cops stopped me to tell me my plate wasn’t visible, I would just tell him that I forgot to put it in the upright position. Never got around to installing a device to control it when in street races and after botched bank robberies.

They sell devices for flipping down your plate at mod shops. I installed a pair of ‘flip down bolts’ to my 150cc scooter. While stopped at a red light with police directly behind me (not smart) they came and pulled my key out. They walked me to the nearest shop and had them put on regular bolts. The plate was normal when they saw me…but they recognized the bolts…as they stick out further. The fine is fairly high for this sort of moddification, but they didn’t bother with the ticket.

Your set up is a lot less conspicuous. But why didn’t you just go with a film of plastic over the license plate. So that the flash on the camera would reflect off of the plate and blind the camera. That works even during the day…or so I’m told.

On my old RZR I used black masking tape to change an F to an E . Had the police stop me many times…they never noticed. They even looked at my registration and at my plate…still didn’t notice. Actually now that I think about it, one time I gave them the registration for a different bike…he looked at it, and at my plate…but didn’t comment then either…hmmm.

[quote=“Mordeth”]
On my old RZR I used black masking tape to change an F to an E . Had the police stop me many times…they never noticed. They even looked at my registration and at my plate…still didn’t notice. Actually now that I think about it, one time I gave them the registration for a different bike…he looked at it, and at my plate…but didn’t comment then either…hmmm.[/quote]

Your disdain for following rules is clear. You like to avoid the responsilibility for your actions. You smash off car mirrors cause somebody parks in an inconvenient place, ride dangerously and regularly break speed limits. It’s no wonder the general public get fed up with the boy racers. One day you’ll have a nasty accident, and then when the police find all the illegal mods you’ll end up getting heavily fined, and perhaps deported.

No doubt you’ll complain about how useless the police are, and should be finding real criminals.

:offtopic: Errr, ok. Yeah, I think 3 or 4 foreigners got deported just last week for speeding…err. Don’t mind Satellite TV folks. He’s just mad at me because he flamed my bike triva quiz by saying that he has tons of bike experience and I have so little, so I couldn’t possibly teach him anything new (I’m paraphrasing). So I told him if he knows so much then try answering my questions. He promptly gave me the silent treatment…and now it seems he’s stalking me.

But back on topic. A friend of mine got a photo-ticket for riding in the left lane. But the picture showed that there were cars double parked on a red line. You could see that no one was in the cars…and he obviously had to go in the left lane just to get around. He went to the police station and tried to fight it. They told him to send the pics to somewhere and complain. He did, and got a letter back saying that he was still at fault…but didn’t return his pic.

[quote=“Mordeth”]:offtopic: Errr, ok. Yeah, I think 3 or 4 foreigners got deported just last week for speeding…err. Don’t mind Satellite TV folks. He’s just mad at me because he flamed my bike triva quiz by saying that he has tons of bike experience and I have so little, so I couldn’t possibly teach him anything new (I’m paraphrasing). So I told him if he knows so much then try answering my questions. He promptly gave me the silent treatment…and now it seems he’s stalking me.

[/quote]

Excuse me… I’m stalking you? You pm’d me to answer your questions, which I mentioned were poorly written. You say I’m giving you the silent treatment and stalking you at the same time… hmmmm

I have no need to answer your questions. I merely queried your reasons to educate the rest of the population on riding skills when you show you’re more interested in breaking the law, riding dangerously, smash off car mirrors, and have disdain for legal process.

I would compare you with someone who has just finishing his diving course now becoming the dive instructor…

This forum has rules against stalking I’m sure… lol

you two at it again?! come on it’s christmas!!! anyway, no wories about the green yamahas anyway, I see stink loads everyweekend. no worries man. I even tried to follow one after a set of lights. goes without saying he lost me in all of .4seconds but its was fun trying!