Licence renewal - free

So, I was expecting to pay for my drivers licence today. It expires next month. I go in, the guy looks at my 3 year ARC (just got it today) and stamps the back of my expired licence with a new date 3 years in the future. Yeah. Then he says, no charge because he didn’t have to replace the licence with a new one.

They did say that I would have to pay again after this three years is over.

I was ready to be in a bad mood after paying out for a renewal, but no, not a penny.

i’ll be giving it a shot next week then - i didn’t go today because i forgot pics … guess i won’t need those either …

Yeah, that happened to me about 2 months ago. I thought it was just a fluke though, just another of the possibilities you might end up with while playing this government department’s version of the lottery…

I did mine by post. Don’t bother doing it by post! You have to pay in advance and get photocopies of old and new ARCs and of course photographs. They then send you a refund check (because it’s free) and all the stuff you sent them, plus a sticker to put on your licence.

Wish I’d just gone to the office.

Hen fan o!

L :smiley:

[quote]I go in, the guy looks at my 3 year ARC (just got it today) and stamps the back of my expired licence with a new date 3 years in the future. Yeah. Then he says, no charge because he didn’t have to replace the licence with a new one.

They did say that I would have to pay again after this three years is over.

I was ready to be in a bad mood after paying out for a renewal, but no, not a penny.[/quote]

Good things happen to good people. :slight_smile: