Life on the Buses 2020+

I recently maxed out my Gogoro monthly fee, did the math and realized that from Song Shan to Taipei Main Station was cheaper via bus.

I love the bus. You should too!

2 Likes

Upgraded and new bus services to Hualien.:grin:

No xindian stop yet , was hoping for that. Can still switch in luodong I guess.

http://m.focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201912260016.aspx

1 Like

I’m curious as if they’ll allow bikes. I’m sure some cyclists may prefer the cheaper ticket, comfy seats and longer journey vs the opposite with the train.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean?

I pay monthly for a certain amount of mileage. I maxed out that mileage. I can still ride, but I pay per KM. So, I started doing the math for how much I would pay per KM on my Gogoro vs mass transportation.

2 Likes

So you rent it?

Technically, I rent the batteries.

So you own the vehicle?

1 Like

While the suckers are fighting for tickets on the expensive express trains or crammed like sardines on the slow local trains. I am saving money and getting a fast trip to Hualien on the newly installed 1663 Bus.

Yeah. It’s literally only me on this bus. It’s like having my very own chauffeur to take me to Hualien.

6 Likes

How long does it take to arrive Hualien statin?

Will update. I know the Yilan bus is 1 hour. I am guessing two. Traffic is good.

3 Likes

So it was three hours. Better than the 4h of the train and 2 of the express, which can sell out quickly. I think of it as a good inbetween for $205.

Great view

6 Likes

Does it still take many turns on the way, or most of it is straight?

The new Highways 9 and 9 Ding eliminate most of it.

Highway 9

Highway 9 Ding

There is a section of windy roads in between 9 and new 9 Ding. I think it will be rectified when they dig the tunnels and connect them.

And some at-grade roads that pass through small towns not unlike what i’d see in Northern Ontario

3 Likes

Another thing is that this bus also stops at Xincheng Main Station. The station for Taroko Park.

1 Like

Back to Taipei. Today we will be trying Capital Bus’s route 1580 to Banciao. Was a bit more expensive but came with a $50 rebate. Dunno why though.

I am not as lonely today as some people are on the bus. However. One thing I found amusing yesterday was that since I was the only one, the driver decided to forego the Chinese safety instructions and go directly to English. Amused.

1 Like

You are back north already?

let us know how long the banqiao one took. are you staying over night in hualian?

I stayed overnight. I am on my way back now.

Pretty!

1 Like