Life on the Buses 2018

I think they should put an electronic machine next to the card reader that asks “how was your ride” and gives 3 smiley faces to pick.

Drivers low rated on skill every month go back to training and eventually lose pay.

4 Likes

I like this idea. Carrefour has this system in place for cashiers and Taoyuan Airport has them for the bathrooms.

It makes me wonder if there are mechanical problems with the busses and not 100% the driver’s fault. One of my friends mother fell on a bus in Taichung and had to go to the hospital. Perhaps it is just anger for having the bus driving job? I’d be angry if I was on the road for the entire day.

My trip yesterday back home:

I get on the bus and head in direction of my seat (Kavalan, so each ticket has an assigned seat number). My seat is next to the window, which is nice. There’s someone sitting on the aisle seat, apparently having a nap. My common approach to this situation is to get close and go all:“WAKE UP DICKHEAD, IT’S TIME TO MOVE”, but this time it’s a tiny 15/16yo girl. I tap her gently on the shoulder and explain the situation. I get on my seat, settle down and within 5 seconds I realize the guy behind me is showing early symptoms of Ebola. I can only hope to avoid the contagion, but he started coughing so hard I was worried his spleen would detach from his decaying body and land on me. I then hear some noise coming from a different direction: the guy on the seat in front of me opens a box with the nastiest “food” I’ve smelled in a long time, no idea what it was but it was like someone grabbed an infected rat’s corpse and stuffed its sphincter with a rotten jipai. As if that wasn’t enough, he was chewing/slurping/sucking it s loudly that I could hear the whole thing through my Pantera-blasting headphones.

That’s my life.

3 Likes

How do you say that in Chinese?

陰莖頭, 醒來! 移動的時間!

I meant Chinese, not Google Translatese.

Ohhh, real Chinese…well, in that case I have no idea. But if you say:“WAKE UP DICKHEAD, IT’S TIME TO MOVE” loud enough, people understand it even if they can’t speak English.

That’s my “Taiwan” life.

What is this? Boarded a bus along Dunhua to Cityhall and the bus driver handed this to me. Looks like paper but made out of plastic for reusability. I handed it back to him when getting off bus and saw a box of them. Used my easycard to pay. Bus 939 Sanxia/Cityhall.

20180723_110605

It’s a bus transfer

It’s given to you when you get in on the overlapping section of “pay when get in” and “pay when get off”. It’s used to show that you’ve already paid and don’t need to pay again when getting off the bus.

P.S.: It seems you need new jeans :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering what that was for. Very seldom do I see it.

The hole cost extra.

No idea.

Bigger question, who in the wide world of sports wears jeans in this weather?! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Why are you replying to me??

Hah. I wasn’t.

I have no idea how I screwed that up. :astonished:

This bus driver either doesn’t know his job or is trying hard to avoid doing his job.

If he misses one customer a day * 48 weeks that’s about a NT1000 year and if every bus driver does it once a day, company loses a lot of money.

2 Likes

Could it be an express bus only stops at a few stops?

That or driver needs to go to the bathroom fast.

It’s a regular bus regular stop.