Life on the Buses 2018

I don’t see anybody waiting at the bus stop, so there’s no need for the bus driver to go over there.

Duh, I was waiting. But he decided he didn’t want to stop and I’m not going to run across lanes of traffic.

The light was red, he wasn’t coming.

Am my Saturday nights sure have gotten boring lately…

1 Like

My bad. I see your point now. Driver probably could care less whether the company loses money.

Too bad. Usually the 235 is a pretty good route. I guess just shrug this one off—unless this situation occurs regularly!

Guy

I had this happen to me once. At the time I was angry, but later thought, maybe the bus had mechanical problems and had to head back to the yard? (But the LED sign should have said Out of Service). Anyway, it’s only happened once in ten years, so hopefully your experience is rare as well.

I agree with everyone complaining above about sudden jerks. Don’t know why people don’t complain about it (officially). The roads are so smooth, there should be no reason for sudden lurches.

Anyway, here’s an unrelated experience we had today.

Me and my spouse enter a bus. Entire bus is full except two seats in last row. Window seat is empty, middle seat is empty, but in between these two empty seats a woman is seating.

My spouse takes window seat (the woman doesn’t want to move from her seat). I ask her if she could move so we could seat together. She starts arguing in Chinese - I believe she said - I won’t give up my seat!

Really irritating experience! Never had I encountered such person on MRT or bus here before.

Last week I come at the bus stop, bus arriving just before I get there, like 10 m, 5 seconds. Someone gets in and I signal the driver, he just friggin’ closes the door and drives off. That’s something you don’t do to this guy (me, I), I jump in front of his bus and ask to open the door, he refuses, stand-off for like five minutes, then an annoyed passenger goes up to the driver and tells him to open the door. He did. :smirk:

1 Like

They are all race drivers, not bus drivers. Maybe they get a bonus payed per journey? There is really no time table apart from first bus 6:00AM, last bus 11:00PM, every 10-20 minutes.

That’s very brave (or stupid, depending on the outcome :slight_smile: )

It does feel bad when the drivers purposefully ignore you, when you’re just a little distance away from the bus stop. They never stop for anyone.

He did for me, it was stop or law suite for injuring passenger.

Has anyone been abducted on the last bus of the night this month?

I never take the last bus, although I might have, but not during ghost month. I take a taxi, there are no ‘ghost taxis’, right?

Not that I know of, but I’d ask the driver to avoid riverside routes

There are ‘ghost riders’!

In the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mynzbmrtp9I

Still impressive. People at the helm of big machines don’t always think rationally.

if you’re late, you’re late.

The sky train (metro) is fucking bullshit and super scary, but we now have Seth Rogans voice over the speakers to announce the stops and add the to experience.

huhuhuuuhhahuhhahu - in a Seth rogan laugh.

1 Like

No, because there is no time table.

I remember in the old days, if the bus has pulled away from the curb but is stopped at a stoplight, you could just walk up and knock on the door, and the driver would almost always open the door for you to board. Not anymore. Now most drivers will not open the door even when the bus is sitting just a couple meters away from the bus stop in traffic. I think it’s because they’ll be fined if they’re caught opening the door anywhere other than the bus stop.